Weird Lipo?

ercoerco Posts: 18,499
Isn't it unusual to have a 2S 7.4 LiPo without a balance charger connector? This is the battery out of a toy grade Mebo robot someone gave me. Just has pos/neg to a proprietary connector. I don't have the charger.

mebobatt.jpg
928 x 2047 - 237K
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • I used to see a lot of them, around 10 years ago when RC started going electric.

There's probably a simple enough way to balance them internally.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,499
    xanadu wrote: »
    There's probably a simple enough way to balance them internally.

Right you are, Bucko!

CAM03776.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 2M
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • You're brave! I'm too chicken to open one up.
  • Yep, see that all the time. We have several products we build at work with 2 wire LiPos. Open them up, and you will find a charge controller and overcurrent/overtemp protection device.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,499
    xanadu wrote: »
    You're brave! I'm too chicken to open one up.

Livin' on the edge. That's how I roll!

Does this mean you're not planning to attend my marshmallow, hot dog & Lipo roasts this summer? I love fireworks!

Speaking of which, our local city fireworks show had a halftime spectacular and a finale, both about the same. I presume it wasn't an accident. :)

- Pablo Picasso