Hum X Car

ercoerco Posts: 18,499
Certainly contrived, but fun thinking. Two of those wheels must be holonomic to slide sideways!

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Watching that, I can't tell if I'm awake yet or still dreaming haha.

• ercoerco Posts: 18,499
    Your UGV needs that feature. Man up!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,108
    edited July 4 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Heck yeah, all it takes is switching the data from AT&T to Verizon. Easiest upgrade ever!

Oops, looks like a no-go.

No one should attempt to recreate or re-enact the activity shown.

I'm not sure if they mean use Verizon, or build the Hum X Car...
  • But can it do a figure 8?

On a tangential note, did anyone see the news about China's elevated bus? It seems the whole thing might have been a scam. If so, that's unfortunate. It seemed a neat way to share the road (as the totally real video above also shows).
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,499
    xanadu wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they mean use Verizon, or build the Hum X Car...

Verizon I can tolerate, but DEATH before Time Warner, currently masquerading as Spectrum. NEVER again, those gangsters!

- Pablo Picasso