Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can't get the "System" blocks to show up — Parallax Forums

Can't get the "System" blocks to show up

I've tried setting up a project with the "Other" board type, and the System section of blocks doesn't show up. I'm using a Quickstart.

I've gone through all the menus on the left. ??

Comments

• Are you in:

demo.blockly.parallax.com/blockly/ ?

OR

https://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/ ?

The System block seems to show for me only in the demo blockly prop site.

dgately
  • That's it, I didn't even know there was a demo version of the site. It has its own user registry and list of community projects.

Obviously there are features there that have not been moved over to the main site yet.
  • Jeff,

Yeah, I found out on a whim, clicking on several URLs on the Parallax site and finding both Blockly variants.

dgately
  • Hi!,

The demo site contains the very latest code, blocks and features. We use it to test new blocks and features and well as get valuable feedback from the community. You can even export your projects from Demo and move them over to the production site when the features you are using are deployed there.
  • Jeff HaasJeff Haas Posts: 418
    edited 2017-06-27 22:47
    Jim, thanks for the info. FYI, JonnyMac used the System blocks in his article in this months' N&V, so that's why I was confused when I couldn't find them.

By the way, it's a great implementation of Blockly. I've compared it to others, this one is really easy to use.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,923
    edited 2017-07-01 03:32
    Jim, thanks for the info. FYI, JonnyMac used the System blocks in his article in this months' N&V, so that's why I was confused when I couldn't find them.
    When I was writing that article the folks behind Blockly thought the System blocks would be available before that issue hit news stands. Of course, I was use the Beta BlocklyProp.