Selling Off My Parallax Collection

13»

Comments

• AntediluvianAntediluvian Posts: 35
    edited July 8 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bob,

What stuff? I have a few dozen items I haven't had the chance to list yet. For each item I need to find it (boxes upon boxes) and then sort it, take photos, crop them, add a product to the site, add the photos, add the descriptions, etc. Then when it sells the fun comes trying to get it packaged well and shipped. USPS is a lot more expensive than I originally planned, especially for larger boxes.

Anyway, I hope to have the majority of items up before the weekend is out or by Monday at the latest. I suppose someone could make an offer after seeing what all I have. Sorry I don't have a fast answer. The fact is I had tons of Parallax products before I ever worked there. At that time I easily had a half a dozen of every BASIC Stamp Model and at least one of every product I could make use of. I frequently bought things I had no immediate use for just because they were on their eBay page starting at a buck (usually ended less than new).

Of course, back then I had play money. Boy do I miss that. :innocent:
  • Does anyone recognize this? I got it from PropellerPowered.com before it went defunct. But now I can't find any evidence of its existence.
    600 x 600 - 279K
  • Does anyone recognize this? I got it from PropellerPowered.com before it went defunct. But now I can't find any evidence of its existence.
    I have a couple of those plastic bases but mine have a small solderless breadboard mounted next to the QuickStart board.

• “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • AntediluvianAntediluvian Posts: 35
    edited July 13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I know someone was waiting for the Stingray robots. I am going to have them up tomorrow. Reason is I found some original parts and am distributing these parts (wires, battery clips, etc) among the three Stingray robots I have. The Arlo will go up tomorrow finally too. I focused on other items today.
  • On my way to the Post Office and UPS. Sorry, apparently the Post Office has an aversion to things with batteries, so there was a slight delay. Found a local UPS. Even if it does look like a small transfer center. :smile:
  • Sorry, apparently the Post Office has an aversion to things with batteries

Only if you tell them...

• Bump!

Chris, I see you have an Elev 8 for sale. I hope that goes to a good home :)
    Any chance you'd be willing to separate the smaller of the two batteries and sell it? I'm ready to buy motor controllers and a power source for the motors I bought from you a while ago and thought it'd be great if I could pair up this guy with the smaller LiPo you have. I'm also in need of a battery charger and accelerometer but didn't see those items listed... any chance you have one or both unlisted?
    David
    PropWare: C++ HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for PropGCC; Robust build system using CMake; Integrated Simple Library, libpropeller, and libPropelleruino (Arduino port); Instructions for Eclipse and JetBrain's CLion; Example projects; Doxygen documentation
  • New order placed. Haven't been doing much robotics lately but the deal for the motors with mounts and caster set was pretty good -- and then I realized you had the Manta Ray prototype up there too. I'll figure out how to explain it to the wife tomorrow.
  • Not sure I understand...you wanted to buy the batteries separately? I put them with the ELEV-8 so it would be mostly ready for someone who bought it. They'd still need a charger and radio, but they'd already have the batteries. I'll have to consider it. Perhaps send me your offer via email through my site.

I did have a Multi-Charger up for Sale. It sold pretty quick since I am listing things pretty reasonable. I do have one more charger and a stack of batteries for it, but it is a NiCad/NiMH battery charger with several NiMH batteries.

As for an accelerometer, I'm sure I have several. I meant to get the rest of my stuff up this week but had a few job interviews and had to update my resume and fill out several forms so I never got back to listing more stuff. I will work on it today.
  • localroger wrote: »
    New order placed. Haven't been doing much robotics lately but the deal for the motors with mounts and caster set was pretty good -- and then I realized you had the Manta Ray prototype up there too. I'll figure out how to explain it to the wife tomorrow.

I hope she understands. And thank you!

The stuff I have sold off has ensured the bills for this month get paid and the mortgage for next month. Hopefully selling off the rest will buy me enough time to get a job and have a paycheck before I go under, which would suck.

Thank again, everyone!

• Update: She's already instagrammed it. Hope you don't mind her "borrowing" your photo of the Manta to show what hubby bought.
  • @localroger; i wonder if millennials have to do the same explaining or do they just do it since questioning/explaining to the partner is just a quaint old anachronistic micro-control from another time?
    Ordnung ist das halbe Leben....
    Ich lebe in der anderen Hälfte
  • Chris, nvm on the LiPo battery. I decided I didn't really want to spend that much money on LiPo + charger + battery bag + ... + ... + ......... I'm just going to buy a few more NiMH AAs (I haven't bought them yet, so if you list yours I'll probably take them off your hands) since I already have two 4-cell chargers. I'll email you all the parts I'm looking for and, whatever you have, I'll grab from you.
    David
    PropWare: C++ HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for PropGCC; Robust build system using CMake; Integrated Simple Library, libpropeller, and libPropelleruino (Arduino port); Instructions for Eclipse and JetBrain's CLion; Example projects; Doxygen documentation
    Update: She's already instagrammed it. Hope you don't mind her "borrowing" your photo of the Manta to show what hubby bought.

Not at all. The Manta Ray has potential. The design files are available and of course, you could modify things to use currently available parts.

• DavidZemon wrote: »
    Chris, nvm on the LiPo battery. I decided I didn't really want to spend that much money on LiPo + charger + battery bag + ... + ... + ......... I'm just going to buy a few more NiMH AAs (I haven't bought them yet, so if you list yours I'll probably take them off your hands) since I already have two 4-cell chargers. I'll email you all the parts I'm looking for and, whatever you have, I'll grab from you.

In just a few moments I am going to go start going through the remaining boxes, taking photos and slowly putting stuff up. It will take me a few minutes to get the Stingrays in order since they're in various stages of completion.

When it comes to sensors, I have a ton of them. However I have to decide which ones are worth putting up. A sensor that costs under $20 probably won't make it up because it won't be worth the effort and shipping hassles to sell it.

Chris, nvm on the LiPo battery. I decided I didn't really want to spend that much money on LiPo + charger + battery bag + ... + ... + ......... I'm just going to buy a few more NiMH AAs (I haven't bought them yet, so if you list yours I'll probably take them off your hands) since I already have two 4-cell chargers. I'll email you all the parts I'm looking for and, whatever you have, I'll grab from you.

In just a few moments I am going to go start going through the remaining boxes, taking photos and slowly putting stuff up. It will take me a few minutes to get the Stingrays in order since they're in various stages of completion.

When it comes to sensors, I have a ton of them. However I have to decide which ones are worth putting up. A sensor that costs under $20 probably won't make it up because it won't be worth the effort and shipping hassles to sell it.
    Maybe you could put up collections of inexpensive sensors instead of each one individually?

• David Betz wrote: »
    Maybe you could put up collections of inexpensive sensors instead of each one individually?

Seconding this suggestion. Some of us would scoop up a little collection to round out our junk boxes.
  • The Manta Ray has potential. The design files are available and of course, you could modify things to use currently available parts.

Those design files would be great -- where can I get them? The Google it does nothing. (It does look like a lot of the Stingray stuff will apply pretty much directly to the Manta without a lot of work.)

If you're willing, you could take the parts list that I sent you over email and create a simple bundle product on your website, something like "Pile o' junk" and I'll snag it up before anyone sees it. I'm already getting that Pololu motor driver from you, so it'd be great to sneak in an accelerometer and batteries too so I don't have to pay shipping to Adafruit and waste a cardboard box from Amazon.
    David
  • David Betz wrote: »

Great idea! Something to consider!

Those design files would be great -- where can I get them? The Google it does nothing. (It does look like a lot of the Stingray stuff will apply pretty much directly to the Manta without a lot of work.)

Contact me directly via email for the DXF files for the Manta Ray.

• Stingray Robots (3) are up and available as well as a spare parts lot.

I also used a couple of old Lynxmotion robots as a test base before the Stingray was design and the entire development lot is up for sale.

Still adding the Arlo, but it will be up tonight.

http://www.savagecircuits.com/product-category/robots/
  • Bought a few more items for collection. You got a few "last chance" items in there not so much for obvious utility but for having held or seen one. Hope it helps with your crisis, Chris.
  • Thank you, it all helps! Everyone's just going to have to keep checking the site for whatever else I put up. I just received notice from the moderators that my posts are inappropriate spam and that the thread has been sunk. I won't be following up here. Sorry everyone.