Can I leave the board turned on?

Hi! I have a parallax board of education with r servos and 4 buttons connected. I have a set-up so that every time I press a button, it turns a servo. I have the board hidden, and a DC adapter plugs it into the wall. Can I leave the board on and plugged in at all times, so that I can press a button whenever needed? Or would that harm the board? Electricity cost is not a factor. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • yes you can!

welcome to the forum

Enjoy!

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.

A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • I have a BS-2 that has been running non-stop since June 2010. Seems perfectly happy. No servos, though :nerd:
    Re-inventing the wheel is not a waste of time if, when you are done, you understand why it is round.
    Cool, CA, USA 95614
  • The BOE will outlast the power supply and the servos, just make sure the power supply is within spec, and best to run the servos off VIN. It really depends on what the servos are doing. 4 stalled servos can use a lot of power.