Russian Folk Dancers

ercoerco Posts: 18,191
edited June 13 in Robotics Vote Up0Vote Down
Pretty cool motions, more at http://www.viralmirror.com/beriozka-russian-dancers/.

I could see sixteen S2/S3 robots doing this dance. Great Blockly project, right Ken? Now where can I get 16 Barbies to stick on top?

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 21,045
    edited June 13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Russian superior genetic engineering replace feet with wheels.

Seriously, that's pretty cool.

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • That was unique, I couldn't figure out if they were vary good at hover boarding, or the Russians have figured out anti-gravity.

It was well trained, well practiced, very talented, like individuals that ended up dancing strangely different in a nice sort of way.

I guess the real deception is how thick the skirt is, and the shoes they wear.
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,321
    edited June 14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm pretty sure they are using magnets under the floor...
    Or, they are using this system...

I am leaning towards the magnets under the floor...
  • TorTor Posts: 1,728
    Walking, normal feet, no wheels, no magnets. Watch at 02:55. Just very well done.