Feetech Chassis on Amazon

ercoerco Posts: 17,950
The two chassis I got direct from China are now available on Amazon. $15 gets your choice of beautiful aluminum chassis kit with two DC motors PLUS the coveted motor controller board which drives two motors using servo-style pulses. Essentially converts DC motors into CR servos. Mikey Likey. Mine are red, these are blue. I'll have to get blue ones too, I guess.

blue rectangular https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZC2XDV uses gutted 9g servo-style gearmotors, works fine. Heavy-duty caster seems out of place but works.

blue round https://www.amazon.com/Feetech-FT-DC-006-SMC-Aluminum-Vehicle-FT-SMC-2CH/dp/B06XXS8L1C uses Solarboticsstyle gearmotors in several different gear ratios, 48:1, 120:1 or 256:1 but the description doesn't say which. I favor the 120's myself.

There are a few Feetech offerings on Amazon as well, they look similar. There's a red round with no controller for $15 and a yellow rectangular with low-grade FS90R CR servos, I'd stay clear of those.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • How do those motors work erco? They look like the low torque, speed demons I have on other critters.

@
    Founder of the "Society for Aimless Tinkering and World Conquest"
  • ercoerco Posts: 17,950
    On the round robot? They all look alike, even with different internal gear ratios. I know exactly the too-fast types you mean, most are 48:1 and very squirrely. AsI mentioned in the OP, I much prefer 120:1 or 256:1 types.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • ercoerco Posts: 17,950
    Prices increased from $15 each to $20/square and $18/round since I posted.

Apparently I'm manipulating the world of robot high dollar finance.

- Pablo Picasso
  • Not surprised by the price increases. This brings them closer to Adafruit, and helps them absorb the high failure rates of those motors.

They really are crappy motors, in case you didn't know!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 3,659
    I saw that too. Should have ordered at $15! But my hands are pretty full and project back-up is increasing...

Guess I'll just keep watching...
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney