Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Friday Quiz #8 — Parallax Forums

Friday Quiz #8

quiz_8.png

What are the questions? What are the answers? Post your answers, one per line.

Good luck!
-Phil
807 x 289 - 66K

Comments

• Partial spoiler. I've identified most of the logos, but now I'm stuck.
    Ford, Emirates, Logitech, Ikea, Zippo
    J P Morgan Chase, IRS, NBA, Costco, Oscar Mayer
    Domino Pizza, ?, ?, AT&T, ?, ?
  • The answer is

Of all companies, AT&T has the worst customer service in the solar system ?

- Oh, wait, there's those ComCast folks, hmmm.

LOL
    not a PC bone in my body >:-P
  • SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2017-05-05 18:50
    What's Today? (or do you mean "What do the first letters of each of the logos spell out?")

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
  • Seairth wrote:
    What's Today? (or do you mean "What do the first letters of each of the logos spell out?")

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

That didn't take long! Congrats!

-Phil

(Note to self: make these quizzes harder.)
  • (Note to self: make these quizzes harder.)

Huge prizes like cars and trips will make it more popular. :thumb:
  • BTW, ceptimus id'd the logos in the first two lines. Did anyone actually get all of them in the last line?

-Phil
  • I see Mazda and YMCA.
  • dominos
    ?
    mazda
    att
    ymca
    obama
  • MikeDYur wrote: »
    (Note to self: make these quizzes harder.)

Huge prizes like cars and trips will make it more popular. :thumb:

But that won't make them harder!! ;)
  • Seairth wrote:
    ?

Yeah, it's pretty obscure, unless you're into boating.

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    The answer is

LOL

Don't forget United. Has ATT or Comcast physically dragged you bleeding out of your comfy chair?
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    erco wrote: »
    The answer is

LOL

Don't forget United. Has ATT or Comcast physically dragged you bleeding out of your comfy chair?

Now Delta seems to be getting in to the act. Threatening passengers with jail time if they will not give up their seats.

Overbooking and keeping passengers from boarding is bad enough, but nobody should be forced off a plane once they are seated unless it is an actual emergency, and "We need to get these airline employees to wherever" is not a real emergency.
  • kwinn wrote: »
    erco wrote: »
    The answer is

LOL

Now Delta seems to be getting in to the act. Threatening passengers with jail time if they will not give up their seats.

Overbooking and keeping passengers from boarding is bad enough, but nobody should be forced off a plane once they are seated unless it is an actual emergency, and "We need to get these airline employees to wherever" is not a real emergency.

I haven't been on a commercial flight for around thirty years, genuine homebody.
    But when I did fly international and domestic flights. These recent problems seem out of place. Once you have paid and booked passage, checked your belongings on board, and secured your family in safety restraints. You would think you have it covered. Total fault on the carrier.
  • Seairth wrote:
    ?

-Phil

Hah! It's like a whole new Friday Quiz! Even with the hint, I haven't figured it out. :)

(I refuse to cut it out and run it through Google Images. Like the pliers quiz, it's not so much the final answer I'm looking for, but the journey that takes you there.)
  • I'm seeing Ford, Ikea, Zippo lighters, Logitech, Chase, Treasury or IRS, NBA, Costco, Oscar Meyer, Domino's, Mazda, ATT, maybe YMCA, and Obama.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Seairth wrote: »
    Seairth wrote:
    ?

-Phil

Hah! It's like a whole new Friday Quiz! Even with the hint, I haven't figured it out. :)

(I refuse to cut it out and run it through Google Images. Like the pliers quiz, it's not so much the final answer I'm looking for, but the journey that takes you there.)

Just finished taking my boating license test a couple of months back and I have no idea what the symbol means.

BTW, I passed with flying colors, so I'm sure I would know what it means if it was in the course material.
  • It wouldn't have been in the course material. It's a corporate logo.

-Phil
  • Evinrude
  • ceptimus wrote: »
    Evinrude

Huh! I'm no stranger to Evinrude, but I've never noticed that logo! For a corporate logo, they sure don't seem to make it very prominent.
  • Yeah. After Phil's clue I was thinking of boat-related companies starting with 'E' but I had to search through a few images before I found it.

9.9-Evinrude1.jpg
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2017-05-06 13:24
    Evinrude colors look like Yamaha colors (not the logo). Wasn't Evinrude engines white, at least at one stage?
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Evinrude colors look like Yamaha colors (not the logo). Wasn't Evinrude engines white, at least at one stage?

White or cream with blue lettering, if I remember right 45+ years ago. Uncle owned a 9.5hp, and we used it in Canada a lot.
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-05-06 17:43
    I wasn't quite right, the cover is white in this similar example. I don't recall the logo's whereabouts. Maybe they hadn't adopted it yet.

EDIT: May have been on the front.
  • Phil, at this rate, this could soon qualify among the top 10 of the wooliest, driftyist threads: from the Fifth of May in Spanish, to naughty carriers: ISP's, airlines, cars, and boats - lions, and tigers, and bear-like logos, oh my ...