Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Introducing My Robot — Parallax Forums

Introducing My Robot

One of the things I admire about this Forum is the sheer number of Ideas and Projects made available and shown to all. Over the years, I have learnt more about using microprocessors here than from any book or data-sheet. Thank all for sharing.

To that end, I wish to share a video that describes how to use my robot. My Robot and Drones made their first debut in Erco’s Figure 8 Challenge, and now my robot is ready to be introduced to all.

Enjoy

Malcolm

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    I continue to be amazed, Malcolm! You have so much going on there, I can barely sort it all out. Your custom software looks fabulous, your robots are great. Hope to see more detail on the hows and whats. Congrats!
  • Looks like a whole lot of work went into this. I hope to learn from your work and apply something to my own projects. Thanks for posting it.
  • Awesome! I'm looking forward to more of this. Can they co-SLAM the area?
  • 'Just now looked at this. I'm blown away, Malcolm! Wow!

-Phil
  • Generating the content of “Using My Robot” was difficult since there is so much that could be currently presented. I’m a little too close to my project to know what details others in the field might find of interest. If you ask, I will try to answer.

In terms of “Localization and Mapping” (SLAM), the approach I have taken is different. Remember, the Drones are part of My Robot (like your hands are part of you), and all the SLAM-like procedures are not done in Drone. All components take part in Map-Building.

If I had more than one Drone that had a Detection-System, then all operational Detection-Drones could be tasked to map out unknown areas. Yes Drones can co-SLAM.

In fact, in my robot, the Localization & Mapping layer is encapsulated and generates objects in a re-loadable Precept rather than just a map that can be followed.

Malcolm
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Malcolm - This is incredible work - very impressive. Thanks for sharing it with us!