SFUNC question

1789101113»

Comments

  • T Chap wrote: »
    Is the P2 becoming one of the most advanced processors out there ?

    It's been advanced more than any other processor on this forum.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    It's been advanced more than any other processor on this forum.

    Good answer!
    Infantryman's Axiom; Always cheat, always win.
  • After considering lots of alternatives, the latest bit instruction mnemonics have ended up little changed from v18 but the functionality is much improved. We were groping about in the dark until dMajo found the light switch with the new flag suffixes - what an excellent suggestion.

    Will there be a new instruction in TESTB's old slot? And is BOTONE in or out?
    EEEE 0101000 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        INCMOD  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101001 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        DECMOD  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101010 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TOPONE  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101011 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        BOTONE  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    
    EEEE 0101100 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TESTN   D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101101 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TEST    D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101110 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        ANYB    D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101111 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        <empty> D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    
  • TonyB wrote: »
    After considering lots of alternatives, the latest bit instruction mnemonics have ended up little changed from v18 but the functionality is much improved. We were groping about in the dark until dMajo found the light switch with the new flag suffixes - what an excellent suggestion.

    Will there be a new instruction in TESTB's old slot? And is BOTONE in or out?
    EEEE 0101000 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        INCMOD  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101001 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        DECMOD  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101010 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TOPONE  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101011 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        BOTONE  D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    
    EEEE 0101100 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TESTN   D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101101 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        TEST    D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101110 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        ANYB    D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    EEEE 0101111 CZI DDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSS        <empty> D,S/#       {WC,WZ}
    

    TOPONE has been renamed to ENCOD.
    BOTONE is gone, currently empty.
    The old TESTB is empty, too.
  • TonyBTonyB Posts: 73
    edited May 7 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The latest instruction list has some new ones, I think:

    MUXBYTS - to complement MUXNIBS & MUXNITS
    RCZR/RCZL - what are these? 1-bit rotate of D through C and Z ??
    WRC/WRNC/WRZ/WRNZ - do these write same flag value to every bit of D?

  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 7,750
    edited May 7 Vote Up0Vote Down
    TonyB wrote: »
    The latest instruction list has some new ones, I think:

    MUXBYTS - to complement MUXNIBS & MUXNITS
    RCZR/RCZL - what are these? 1-bit rotate of D through C and Z ??
    WRC/WRNC/WRZ/WRNZ - do these write same flag value to every bit of D?

    RCZR loads C and Z from D[1:0], D = {C, Z, D[31:2].

    RCZL loads C and Z from D[31:30], D = {D[29:0], C, Z}.

    WRC/WRNC/WRZ/WRNZ write 0 or 1 to D, based on the {!}flag.
Sign In or Register to comment.