When you've spent your kid's toy budget on robot arms ...

https://i.imgur.com/6e2XRNM.gifv

Heck, it kept me entertained for a good 45 seconds!

-Phil
“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • That's impressive speed and accuracy. I don't think any of the robot arms I've built could do that.
  • Shoot.

When I was young, my parents gave me batteries for Christmas. (Toys not included).

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.

A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • msrobots wrote:
    When I was young, my parents gave me batteries for Christmas. (Toys not included).
    I bet you were a hit with your friends that got toys but no batteries!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • ercoerco Posts: 17,928
    Hahahaha, love it!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • I have a 2 year old grandson who would squeal and jump with joy to have one of those. He absolutely 'loves' Thomas trains. The track would have to be much longer though.
    Larry

If the grass is greener on the other side...it's time to water your lawn.
    Best I could do.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Martin_H wrote: »
    That's impressive speed and accuracy. I don't think any of the robot arms I've built could do that.

That is an industrial robot. It probably cost thirty thousand dollars. It also has sensors in the gripper; notice how after it lays each piece of track it positions itself for the train to ride between its fingers. That's how it stays synchronized with the train.

• erco wrote: »
    Best I could do.
    Did you design that?
    Larry

If the grass is greener on the other side...it's time to water your lawn.
    Yes sir! That arm does some cool stuff.

- Pablo Picasso