Hexapod Cartwheel

Certainly a nimble robot! Cartwheels at 2:25.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • That is amazing....

Slightly OT, but this video was suggested ->

Would make an interesting security 'bot, I for one would freak out if that thing was running at me full speed in the dark...
  • And for more cartwheels:

• ercoerco Posts: 18,077
    Wow, MorpHex has added some new tricks to its repertoire since I saw it last! LOVE that rolling feature.

Those hexes with 18 or 24 servos are amazing. What a labor of love to build & program & maintain them...

Too much for me, I like simple stuff. I bought a Hexy kit back when Maker shed had their blowout sale that I'll never build. I oughtta sell that. They're all $250 on Ebay now!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • The cartwheel is pretty good.
  • erco wrote: »
    Certainly a nimble robot! Cartwheels at 2:25.

It does make one want to have one.

Give it some animated eyes like Duane's, would finish off giving it personality.