Can't Wait for PropGCC on the P2?

12345679»

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 12,310
    Heater. wrote: »
    Is it OK if we don't make Python a dependency for using the P2?
    Of course, there are already other loaders out there, that are not Python...
    Python appeals as being highly portable, and it can be made fast enough.

• ersmith wrote: »
    Thanks too for the suggestions. I seem to recall that you had tried spinsim with spin2gui -- did that work OK? Was there anything that I would need to change in spin2gui for this? It should be easy to add a "run with simulator" menu option to the spin2gui TCL code. In general I think TCL makes for an easy to modify GUI, I like it for that.
    Eric, you are correct. I did try spinsim with spin2gui a couple of months ago. I had forgotten about that. The latest version of spinsim, 0.99, is required to make it work because of a problem I had simulating the REP command. I tried spinsim with spin2gui again tonight, and it works fine. It might be nice to add a "run with simulator" option, and also an entry that specifies the run command for the simulator. You certainly have my permission to include spinsim with spin2gui if you want.

• jmgjmg Posts: 12,310
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    ersmith wrote: »
    Thanks too for the suggestions. I seem to recall that you had tried spinsim with spin2gui -- did that work OK? Was there anything that I would need to change in spin2gui for this? It should be easy to add a "run with simulator" menu option to the spin2gui TCL code. In general I think TCL makes for an easy to modify GUI, I like it for that.
    Eric, you are correct. I did try spinsim with spin2gui a couple of months ago. I had forgotten about that. The latest version of spinsim, 0.99, is required to make it work because of a problem I had simulating the REP command. I tried spinsim with spin2gui again tonight, and it works fine. It might be nice to add a "run with simulator" option, and also an entry that specifies the run command for the simulator. You certainly have my permission to include spinsim with spin2gui if you want.

If there is spin2gui and spinsim already operating, how close are we to being able to have a gui SIM with watch/step for P2, as in the SASM Screen grab example I posted in another thread ?
  • Dave Hein wrote: »
    ersmith wrote: »

Thank you! spinsim is a great tool. I'd like to integrate it with spin2gui. It may take me a little while to get to it, but I think it will be a good addition.