Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Happy Birthday Ken Gracey! — Parallax Forums

Happy Birthday Ken Gracey!

Hope you're either free & clear of all that snow, or out snowmobiling about. Have a terrific day, Boss!
http://atom.smasher.org/construction/?l1=Happy+B-Day+&l2=Ken+Gracey!&l3=Thanks+for+&l4=all+you+do!

kenBD.jpg
480 x 640 - 59K

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-02-12 18:50
    Hey! That's my job!

Ken is what, 30 again?

And HB Mr. Lincoln.
  • So wait, what is Ken's birthday, today Feb. 12? I turn 53 on the 15th.
  • localroger wrote:
    So wait, what is Ken's birthday, today Feb. 12?
    Yup, same as Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin, albeit not quite as old. (In fact Abe and Charlie were both born on this day in 1809.)

-Phil
  • localroger wrote:
    So wait, what is Ken's birthday, today Feb. 12?
    Yup, same as Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin, albeit not quite as old. (In fact Abe and Charlie were both born on this day in 1809.)

-Phil

Isn't that something.

Happy Birthday.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    localroger wrote: »
    I turn 53 on the 15th.

Braggart! Punk! 53 was a good year for me IIRC.

• Happy belated birthday Ken!
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Ken is 47 now, which means he's in his prime.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Ken,
    Hope you had a Happy Birthday yesterday. Oh to be only 47 ;)
    cgracey wrote: »
    Ken is 47 now, which means he's in his prime.

47 is indeed prime. Hopefully he doesn't (Fibonacci) spiral out of control in a midlife crisis, if you know what I (Golden) mean.

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2017-02-14 00:29
    One's late forties and fifties can be a person's most productive years. At that age you can take advantage of past experience applied to creativity, rather than just inventing everything from scratch by trial and error. As I approach my 70's, though, I find that I'm beginning to forget the lessons learned from experience. But forgetfulness isn't all bad: it rekindles the thrill of new discoveries! :)

Onward and upward, Ken! The best is yet to come!

-Phil
  • Happy birthday.
    One's late forties and fifties can be a person's most productive years. At that age you can take advantage of past experience applied to creativity, rather than just inventing everything from scratch by trial and error.

Amen, Brother PhiPi! A pity that corporate America thinks otherwise.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    One's late forties and fifties can be a person's most productive years. At that age you can take advantage of past experience applied to creativity, rather than just inventing everything from scratch by trial and error. As I approach my 70's, though, I find that I'm beginning to forget the lessons learned from experience. But forgetfulness isn't all bad: it rekindles the thrill of new discoveries! :)

Onward and upward, Ken! The best is yet to come!

-Phil
    NAH Phil. It's just another senior moment but they do come more often now ;)
    I have just hit the downside of the 60's.
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    It's just another senior moment but they do come more often now ;)
    I have just hit the downside of the 60's.

Let those senior moments come, fast & furious! Old age & treachery will overcome youth & skill every time. :)

• Thanks everybody! I worked and played right through my birthday this year, treating it like any other day.

We had a pork roast in the slow cooker but power went out for the afternoon and evening. We moved it to the gas range to finish it off and ate in the dark.

Ken Gracey
    Old (?) man eating undercooked pork in the dark... and we liked it!