Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pac-man's inventor dies — Parallax Forums

Pac-man's inventor dies

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Wait a minute.

Toru Iwatani creator of Pac-Man is still alive as far as I can tell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toru_Iwatani

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2017-02-01 00:49
    91 is a great age to achieve, Nakamura-san enjoyed a successful career founding Namco. EVERYONE knows those sounds.

• Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2017-02-01 00:51
    The game designer may have modeled "Pac Man" after Saccorhytus. Round, lots of dots and a big mouth.
    Hmm...

Big mouth and no anus.

Who'da thought?
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Heater. wrote: »
    Hmm...

Big mouth and no anus.

Who'da thought?

50% of the way to being a political animal?
  • kwinn wrote: »
    Hmm...

Big mouth and no anus.

Who'da thought?

50% of the way to being a political animal?

Yah, but the rest of us still have to deal with the Smile.
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    edited 2017-02-01 08:32
    Wait a minute.

Toru Iwatani creator of Pac-Man is still alive as far as I can tell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toru_Iwatani
    Indeed. Masaya Nakamura did not invent Pac-Man, just like the owner of the patent office where Einstein worked didn't come up with the theory of relativity. (OK maybe that is a too hard comparison - at least Nakamura was involved in selling the game)

• Although Toru Iwatani designed "PUC-MAN", Nakamura was the founder of Namco where Iwatani worked and without Nakamura's vision to allow the release of the game it may have never existed outside of the vision of Iwatani. I do believe Nakamura deserves some cred.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    JonM wrote: »
    Although Toru Iwatani designed "PUC-MAN", Nakamura was the founder of Namco where Iwatani worked and without Nakamura's vision to allow the release of the game it may have never existed outside of the vision of Iwatani. I do believe Nakamura deserves some cred.

Proper credit is given in the article. I don't think anyone is actually reading the article... :innocent:
    I read it. Missed that. JonM is right. No man is an island.