Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlocklyProp Servo Control — Parallax Forums

BlocklyProp Servo Control

I have been having problems with servo control, so I have written a short BlocklyProp program in order to learn where I am going wrong on CR servo control. I am using an Propeller Activity Board with a CR servo connected to Pin 17.

I have included two servo control commands in the short program: First to start the servo at speed of -200, and second to stop it at speed 0. The program runs to completion, the servo stops, briefly and then the program restarts. It runs over and over, indefinitely. I have included several terminal debug statements in order to track what the program is doing. If I disable the two servo statements, the program runs as expected from start to finish and ends. But when the servo statements are enabled, the program runs and restarts.

I have attached images in a pdf file of the program, with servo commands enabled and disabled, and the terminal output.

I have observed another issues that is not included in the attached program: commands to change direction of the servo by switching from negative to positive values for speed seem to have no effect.

Bruce
2017-01-01_16-15-49.gif
Servo%20Control.pdf