Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Help — Parallax Forums

Need Help

Hello,

I downloaded : Basic Stamp Editor v2.5.3 on a PC (Windows 7), Install-Parallax-USB-Drivers-v2.12.16 (r2) and arduino-1.8.0-windows.
When I try to identify, I get COM3 with no device type, no loopback and no echo.

I read that the battery could be the cause, but I have 5 almost new batteries of 1,45V. I also use a USB cable to connect to my PC.

I don't really now what to do next to make it work.

Thank you for you help,
Nonam123

Comments

• What device are you attempting to use? Are you attempting to use a Basic Stamp? If so, which one?

Which program were you using when you tried to identify the device?

It seems kind of strange to see the Basic Stamp Editor mentioned along with Arduino software.

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum, Nonam123!

Per Duane, are you using a Board of Education or Homework board? Which BS2 chip, and are you certain it's functional and plugged into the socket properly (if a BoE)? Is the board USB or serial? If serial, which serial USB adapter are you using? Can you find the USB adapter or USB board in device manager listed as COM3?
  • I agree with the fellow in the bad seats, and the fellow in winter white-out conditions. What board are you using? What adapter are you using? And which of the many Basic Stamp boards are you using?