Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Error message: Something has gone wrong. — Parallax Forums

Error message: Something has gone wrong.

I just got this error message a few minutes ago, 3-4 times in a row. Anybody else see that?

Is the Matrix actually back in balance, or did aliens take over and we're just supposed to go on like we don't know?

Parallax.jpg
1680 x 1050 - 126K

Comments

• I saw that too...
  • Did Ken give the web server guys an Elev-8?
  • This is the error I received

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.
    Error messagePDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'rsvl-db-13' (4) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /var/www/sites/plxecom/site/includes/lock.inc)
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,161
    edited 2016-12-13 04:57
    SQL servers are difficult servers to manage. That simply means that a problem surfaced there.

Besides it only means that the BOE bots and PAB bots who run things were away for a few minutes.

And erco all of your robots should be half way here by now. They are visiting a member in AZ.
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2016-12-13 05:50
    The INTERWEBS need protocol adjustment, upon failure, backup systems automatically display this lovely.

I think i wouldn't mind if they were to display this for the Emergency Broadcast System.
  • Got that last night for a half hour. Tried to get to the Parallax store, and that wouldn't work either. Thought we been hacked, turned stuff off and went to bed.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Also got it last night. Shut down and went to bed.
  • This is a canned Vanilla forums message (among others). It appears instead of the debugging information that some forums and content management systems display when there's an error. Microsoft has taken to this same type of message. I think it's part of the dumbing down of computers and the Internet.

I like it best when the page includes a "Advanced" or "Details" link that then includes the debugging info (or at least a sanitized version). That at least gives you something to pass on to the IT/web host folks.
  • This is the error I received
    Error messagePDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'rsvl-db-13' (4) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /var/www/sites/plxecom/site/includes/lock.inc)

This is an example of the level of detail that's not great to provide to the general public; i.e. not sanitized.

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    I love the way these PHP websites spit out intimate details of their server setup in such error messages. Just to make life abit easier for those pesky hackers.
  • The database server went off-line, creating the havoc you saw last night. After measuring once and cutting twice, we were able to bring the database server back online.
  • Really like paraadmin's forum icon.
  • Clock Loop wrote: »

I think i wouldn't mind if they were to display this for the Emergency Broadcast System.

Me to, the indian chief always stuck in my mind, no relevancy except for focus, contrast, picture quality, i'm guessing.