Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev-8 V2 power cuts off randomly — Parallax Forums

Elev-8 V2 power cuts off randomly

I recently just crashed my Elev-8 V2, repaired it, and tested it again with some bad luck....

Whenever I ramp the throttle up, after maybe 15 seconds or so, the motors keep spinning but the lights on the flight controller go off. The first time this happened it was in the air, but its doing it before it even gets into the air now. After a couple seconds of the flight controller being off, it comes back on and the motors then stop spinning.

When i repaired the drone after the crash it had a few days ago, i did have to install a new motor so there is that change.

I'm thinking either the flight controller got damaged, or perhaps the connections to the new motor were not soldered well, though they looked quite fine to me....

I'm assuming most likely the flight controller is damaged and will be buying a new one, especially since they're so cheap now, but does anyone have any insight maybe as to what would be the likely cause for this power issue?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-12-05 01:19
    Though I don't have first hand experience with the Elev-8, it sounds like a fundamental power issue. Start with the battery, and go over everything closely. Make sure of good connections, and dry run it clamped down to a bench, till your satisfied it is reliable.

EDIT: Intermittent electronic problems are the hardest to solve, you have to be sure of the circuit before you can get any peace of mind.