Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robo Fanboy Lunch — Parallax Forums

Robo Fanboy Lunch

ercoerco Posts: 20,250
I had a delightful lunch today with xanadu and Gordon McComb down in Carlsbad. We chatted for nearly 4 hours about robots, toys, flying, and the human condition. I love hanging out with people smarter than me and both these gents are. I met Gordon once before but this was my first time meeting xanadu Jon. Gentlemen and scholars both. This was my biggest meeting with forum pals since Parallax's expo in 2012, with considerably less rain. :)

Ken, may I humbly suggest it's high time to have another such rockin' Rocklin party. Please say the word and make it happen, Cap'n. Parallax Peeps are the best!

xanaduGordonErco.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 1M

Comments

• +1 for another event in Rocklin.

Enjoy!

Mike
  • Erco,
    I am planning a vacation in SOCAL in Jan any chance we could do another meet?
    Jim
  • Haha, I don't know about smarter than you. I third the Rocklin event, I still need to make it up that way to see the mother ship.

Thanks for lunch and the cool gear!

• You west coast roboticist's have all the fun, I seldom travel five miles to McD's for lunch.

BTW: erco, where did you get the idea you had a face for radio? Good looking bunch of intellectuals, I still think I don't have a voice for tv or radio.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    RS_Jim wrote: »
    Erco,
    I am planning a vacation in SOCAL in Jan any chance we could do another meet?
    Jim

Love to, if schedule permits. I'm at CES and NYC in January. Got dates?

• What a great group shot!
  • Erco,
    My schedule is not yet set send me your black out dates
    Jim
  • xanadu wrote: »
    Haha, I don't know about smarter than you. I third the Rocklin event, I still need to make it up that way to see the mother ship.

Thanks for lunch and the cool gear!

I just went once to 'the mother ship', yet. It's like the Hadsh for Muslims (going to Mecca). Once in your live (at least) you have to go there. (Rocklin not Mecca)

I liked Parallax before I went there, mostly because of the unconventional P1 design and the fun I had playing with it. So I went to the last Parallax Expo. (was it really 2012?)

I went there open minded without any goal, I just felt I need some days off my usual work.

Somehow I was overwhelmed with it. Too much good.

I worked for small and big companies in my live but that place really hits it. Maybe because it is family owned, or because Ken and Chip are quite a pair of smart brothers, making the right decisions.

The building itself is a standard, ugly place in a usual commercial setting. But once you get in you feel like visiting friends at home.

Sadly my English is not good enough to find the right wording, but:

When is the next Expo, pretty please?

Enjoy!

Mike

Nice to see that the new Parallax Expo movement is steadilyy gaining momentum. Perhaps we should advise Ken and team of our aggregate availabilities for scheduling purposes? :)
  • We may have to obtain some unicycles to communicate with Ken.
  • The biggest problem I seein regard to an expo is who is going to fill the role left vacant by the departure of OBC?
    Jim
    Heroes will rise, RS_Jim. :)
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    A Parallax Expo is a great idea.

Not until the P2 is out though. Then we can go crazy!
    P2 will certainly deserve its own party in due time. Meantime, April 2017 is a great date to plan for another Robotics Expo. National Robotics Week is April 8-16, so pick a weekend. C'mon guys, let's bring the Expo back even if we have to do it ourselves at a local hotel. I got tons of Ebay specials for the freebie table. Who's in?
  • Sounds like fun! With my first retirement just around the corner, I may have time to play!

Bob
    DiverBob wrote: »
    Sounds like fun! With my first retirement just around the corner, I may have time to play!

Bob

A scheduled event like this is a great motivator to finish projects to display. Now git crackin', DiverBob, you got a doozy!