Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
First Robot Photos — Parallax Forums

First Robot Photos

ercoerco Posts: 20,248
Nobody forget their first, right? First robot you built, of course! Got a photo? Share it here with a story.

Here are my first two robots, I found them in the garage today, quite dirty and dusty but intact. Both built for the Trinity Home Firefighting Robot contest. My first is the clunky top one, which won the very first contest in 1994. Can you spot the BS1 on top? I campaigned the lower bot in 1995. It's BS2-based but not the champion that year. Long live the BS1! I still have to digitize the VHS video from that contest and Youtube it, whenever I find a VCR.

BTW, I can also go to my garage and find my first car in there somewhere, too. But it's not as clean as these robots, so don't ask for any photos...

first%20bots%20mod.jpg
1620 x 1200 - 1M

Comments

• Cool! BTW, how much do you charge for tours of your "garage" ? It must be a top Southern CA attraction!

-Phil
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-11-08 12:34
    Dust these off and fire them up, they have been neglected for far too long, they need some TLC. You are like about five or six in a row in F8C, could these possibly up that?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    Good call! Hmmm...

I've got a few other F8C contenders on the bench, but these can't go public.