Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
$1.06 DC-DC LM2596 1.3V-35V eBay — Parallax Forums

$1.06 DC-DC LM2596 1.3V-35V eBay

Rated current is 2A,maximum 3A(Additional heatsink is required)

f432d994-9807-c0dc-ddb2-fcec42e96f7c.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-LM2596S-DC-DC-Buck-Converter-Adjustable-Power-Supply-Step-Down-Module-OU-/271988570314

I need a 10V 2A PSU. These look good, erco?

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,253
    Marginally related, these 5V 600mA boosters are also 70 cents each in a 5-pack. Last one, won't last!

s-l1600.jpg
  • The first one is good. You got me by $0.07. I don't like the trim pots on the second two, I'm hoping these are easier to adjust.
  • xanadu - the first one was C$0.99 = US$0.74. Everything posted on eBay in Canadian currency is essentially on sale, given the exchange rate.
    I agree with you regarding the trim pots. Does anyone have experience with the step-down modules using the flimsy-looking SMT pots? Someday I will run out of my stockpile of KIS-3R33S modules and will need to find another solution.

erco - you can use those boosters to create a solar cell charging station for all of the power banks that you bought (and seduced me to buy) about a year ago.
  • The flimsy trim pots are a pain. Another reason I like the one I posted is they have mounting holes. I'm tired of stuff without mounting holes. I'll let you know how these are, but I can't imagine them being worse.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Years ago, I tried to use a similar-looking SMT trim pot for LCD contrast adjustment. The linearity and stability were horrible. Part of me was hopeful, but not optimistic.
  • I've had the converters for a couple of days now. I am really impressed with them, no issues. The trimmer is of sufficient quality to not drive me mad. They don't drift much. I put one on 5v and threw it across the room. Plugged it back in and it's still at 5v.

The pic was post throw. I will stress test one next. Also since they're so cheap, I'll probably try running them in series and parallel, maybe heat sink one and drive a big load. The possibilities are endless when you have 10 and only need 3...

1008 x 756 - 274K
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-11-08 00:11
    xanadu wrote: »
    I put one on 5v and threw it across the room.

Do you have a test wall complete with product impressions? Personally I do this when something doesn't work right. We all have some different test procedures, as long as it works for you. :thumb:
  • Oh yeah. You have to review the impressions to ensure the right components impacted.