Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Reduce Stress 65% — Parallax Forums

Reduce Stress 65%

Neuroscience Says Listening to This 1 Song Reduces Anxiety by up to 65 Percent

http://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/neuroscience-says-listening-to-this-one-song-reduces-anxiety-by-up-to-65-percent.html

Unless all those hundreds of drones in the video all came crashing down. That would increase stress 650%.

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,145
    Interesting. Seems to be 8 independent drones, with the 'rest' as video effects.

You can be sure the anxiety levels of the Drone Operator(s), were actually going UP as they got toward the end of their battery curves !
  • Put me to sleep.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2016-10-26 22:37
    What? So they just discovered the sounds we were listening to in 1976 whilst "relieving stress".

As evidence I present Tim Blake

Electronic music before anyone knew there was such a thing.

Hey, it still relieves stress today :)

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2016-10-26 23:23
    If you pay careful attention to the "drone" video, you will notice that its only 1 drone with a large amount of "delay" video effects producing what acid users have known for years, as "trails" (and they still claim to see them from time to time)

That video increased my stress from the fact that it was just video effects, when I know it could be done for real with a bunch of drones, making it that much cooler. But it was fake, which caused me to swear at my innocent computer screen.

But this next video will reduce my increased stress(due to the fake drone video) by 400%.
    Full screen,
    In a dark room,
    With headphones on,...

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2016-10-26 23:27
    Hmm...

But that is just a bunch of random sounds going on. With some nonsense about meditation and "Pineal Gland Activation" thrown in. Where is the orchestration, the imagination, the human contact?

If I want to relax I turn to this:

Which perhaps says more about how relaxed I am normally.

:)

• SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2016-10-26 23:28
    jmg wrote: »
    Interesting. Seems to be 8 independent drones, with the 'rest' as video effects.

You can be sure the anxiety levels of the Drone Operator(s), were actually going UP as they got toward the end of their battery curves !

I think there was only one drone for all of it. The rest could be accomplished entirely with mixing time-delayed copies of the same video footage. Neat, nonetheless!

Edit: these also remind me of The Mind's Eye and Beyond the Mind's Eye videos from the early 90's.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,145
    Seairth wrote: »
    I think there was only one drone for all of it. The rest could be accomplished entirely with mixing time-delayed copies of the same video footage.
    You may be right - video editing will likely always be cheaper than 8 drones too, and comes with zero path-intersect risk .....

• xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2016-10-27 00:22
    Seairth wrote: »
    jmg wrote: »

I think there was only one drone for all of it. The rest could be accomplished entirely with mixing time-delayed copies of the same video footage. Neat, nonetheless!

Edit: these also remind me of The Mind's Eye and Beyond the Mind's Eye videos from the early 90's.

Yes, let's not leave out Jan Hammer.

To relax I need higher quality sound that youtube normally provides. It's hifi or silence IMO.

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    xanadu wrote: »
    To relax I need higher quality sound that youtube normally provides. It's hifi or silence IMO.

If it's distortion-free hifi sound you're after, then crank the volume up to 11 and let the good treads roll!

• Haha, makes me regret standard shipping, all the same relaxing to know it is on its way.
  • Seairth wrote: »
    Edit: these also remind me of The Mind's Eye.

I have that on DVD.
    "Quantum Mechanic"
    "It's costing me a packet"
    "I know that you can hack it"
    "I want to see you jack it, jack it, jack it."

Now its just a cheezy song.
    But the part @ 3:35 still kicks my Smile.
  • And of course the ultimate stress buster: