Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using PropBasic — Parallax Forums

Using PropBasic

Back in 2002, I started using the Basic Stamps. Started using the BS2sx for the 8 programming slots...really a great device. I have at least a dozen of the BS2sx's running 24/7 on my boat, and in the house, doing useful chores. Pbasic is a great programming language. Now, I am trying to self teach with the various manuals, SPIN. Sort of slow going...anyways, I see that PropBasic has now been incorporated into an IDE with SPIN. It would be nice...aka...easier, to be able to program the PROP with PropBasic, in my case. My question, is, has anyone written any software, to play around with this PropBasic and the Propeller. Other then a simple BLINKLED. I do hope that the people involved in producing PropBasic continue doing a good job. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all...DenO

Comments

• Not totally sure of what I just attached because I'm actually in the middle of a machine right now.

I recommend a search of the forum because some really useful stuff was recently posted.

• What are some examples of devices that you have on-hand to play around with? This will help to offer relevant ideas (sensors, encoders, real time clock, character LCD, etc.).

I have done a handful of projects with PropBASIC, but not frequent enough to become proficient. As a result, while my code is neither elegant nor efficient, it does tend to be heavily commented with lessons learned.
  • Mickster wrote: »
    Not totally sure of what I just attached because I'm actually in the middle of a machine right now.

I recommend a search of the forum because some really useful stuff was recently posted.

Great collection of PropBasic information. Thanks for posting!

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    denno wrote: »
    Back in 2002, I started using the Basic Stamps. Started using the BS2sx for the 8 programming slots...really a great device. I have at least a dozen of the BS2sx's running 24/7 on my boat, and in the house, doing useful chores. Pbasic is a great programming language. Now, I am trying to self teach with the various manuals, SPIN. Sort of slow going...anyways, I see that PropBasic has now been incorporated into an IDE with SPIN. It would be nice...aka...easier, to be able to program the PROP with PropBasic, in my case. My question, is, has anyone written any software, to play around with this PropBasic and the Propeller. Other then a simple BLINKLED. I do hope that the people involved in producing PropBasic continue doing a good job. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all...DenO

You might like to post some info on what you have interfaced to. For me, particularly your boat.

There are already some great objects posted that will run even without PropBasic.