Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop-Scope Questions — Parallax Forums

Prop-Scope Questions

I am nearing the 'field testing' stage of a project a friend and I plan to market.

What we have designed and built are number of modules using BS2 OEM modules, 3.3/5V adapters for XBee S1 802.15.4 units and quad half-h driver chips to operate 12V dc motors and solenoids. For bench testing I have been using the low power XB modules sold by Parallax(unfortunately the high power XBees with the antenna options I need are not available from Parallax).

In order to use a Prop-Scope on a laptop that will be powered using a 12V SLA battery to provide 110VAC for the laptop through a converter will I have to learn C language? If I do not have to use C language I intend to get a prop-scope and install it right away and start using it for bench testing. My old Tecktronic 465B has a devil of a time on my old house wiring(I still have a fuse box). When the fridge or or A/C window unit kick in all my carefully adjusted trigger settings are gone. I am betting that by operating from the 12V battery my signal tracing and timing verification will be much easier.

trooks

"I gave up Tai Chi when the grinding and creaking of my joints distracted from the serenity I sought."

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2016-08-08 16:19
    The PropScope software is Windows based, and is closed source. It runs out of the box.

https://www.parallax.com/downloads/propscope-usb-oscilloscope-software

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    This was answered via Tech Support phone. :nerd:
  • Thanks, Chris,

Since I realized it was on sale I got in a bit more hurry than usual<G>.

I take it that my reasoning about using it on the workbench is correct in that my sync and signal will be rock solid now that everything will be separate from my house wiring. Now I have to find more clutter to take up all that vacant space where the oscope once sat.

trooks

"There is no problem in the world that a good RPG programmer can not solve in half the memory and quarter the run time required by COBOL."