Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for connector for daughterboard — Parallax Forums

Looking for connector for daughterboard

The daughterboard extension cable Product ID: 800-28301 is no longer available. I nevertheless need to connect to a TSL-1401 single line camera. Can anyone point me to the correct connector for the 2x6 socket on the board?

Thanks!

Comments

• Here are some Digi-Key part numbers I have on some 2mm pitch parts.

H10172-ND
    This looks like a through hole female connector.

H2024-ND
    This is a housing for crimped female connectors. The crimped connectors are sold separately.

H1501-ND
    These are the female crimped connectors. I purchased ten (I don't know why I didn't get at least 12) but I haven't attempted to crimp them to wires.

H2854-ND
    This is a though hole male connector.

If you check with the "mating connectors" you should be able to find more parts like these.

I've often wondered about using 2mm pitched connectors on my projects. I think these smaller connectors are a huge space saver but these smaller connectors aren't nearly as easy to find as the 0.1" connectors.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    Here are some Digi-Key part numbers .................
    I've often wondered about using 2mm pitched connectors on my projects. I think these smaller connectors are a huge space saver but these smaller connectors aren't nearly as easy to find as the 0.1" connectors.

Two mm is easy to solder by hand, and even 1 mm is not that hard. With components getting smaller all the time one would think the switch to smaller connectors and metric sizing would be a no brainer but progress seems to be very slow. Amazing inertia for a field that is advancing so fast.
  • Duane,

Many thanks! This was very helpful.
  • I was upset that the last ones went away, had three in my shopping cart. Thank Duane for the part number!