Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Big Vision Glasses $7.50 at CVS — Parallax Forums

Big Vision Glasses $7.50 at CVS

tonyp12tonyp12 Posts: 1,950
edited 2016-07-28 21:50 in General Discussion
Buy two 20oz Gatorade first, $2 but gets $2 bucks back. (the promo ends midnight July30)
Use the bucks toward the glasses that is by the other as-seen-on-tv stuff, Clearance at 50% off. (not sure if nationwide clearance)

I really like the glasses for pcb and soldering work, just enough magnification without giving you tunnel vision.
Seems like good quality hinges etc, they should be worn further out on your nose.
check store availability:
http://www.cvs.com/shop/personal-care/eye-care/eye-glasses-magnification/big-vision-magnifying-eyewear-prodid-314222#/pickupoverlay

225 x 225 - 106K

Comments

• I didn't see any note about these glasses being suitable as safety glasses. Do you think they offer reasonable protection?

As long as the glasses offer protection from flying debris they probably good for most electronics applications.

I use these "3M Nuvo Readers" I purchased from Home Depot.

7f3cc801-f630-4beb-8dbb-40ee88215e38_400.jpg

Home Depot no longer sells them but they're available at Amazon.com.

These are the only safety glasses with magnification I've used but I think they do the job reasonably well. As with many reading glasses, they take some getting used to.

We don't have a CVS nearby but I found the "Big Vision" glasses at Amazon. No free Gatorade though.