Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ultimate Propeller1+Bluetooth Development kit comming this fall — Parallax Forums

Ultimate Propeller1+Bluetooth Development kit comming this fall

tonyp12tonyp12 Posts: 1,950
edited 2016-07-22 05:33 in Propeller 1
Propeller1, Software selectable to run at either 5 or 6MHz.
Bluetooth BLE4.2 ultimate companion MCU (FCC certified module) with IPv6 internet and download Prop-code over the air.
1850mAh LiPo battery, with 800mA charging system (use while charging)

VGA out on miniUSB port
Video & Audio on 3.5mm, Audio is I2S 24bit 48KHz 2Vrms.
I2C Fast+ (1MHz)
SPI multi-master with shared 2MB Flash.

14 Prop GPIO + Mix and match eight: 12bit-1MHz ADC, Cap Sense, LCD-drive and/or PWM.
Low profile header so 1st shield fits inside box. (allows to mix and match two half shields)

Some other good stuff like servo header, 8 blue leds etc.
Trying to go for $49.95
305 x 230 - 127K
362 x 288 - 54K

Comments

• Sounds interesting. What sort of interface is there between the Prop and the BT module? Can it be programmed to do anything other than serial port emulation?
  • tonyp12tonyp12 Posts: 1,950
    edited 2016-07-23 03:28
    Prop interface to BLE is done as multi-master i2c (1MHz) and multi-master 12MHz SPI

SPI can temporary be changed to UART for SPP,
    though I plan a custom modification to the SPP gatt, that the Prop Code you send is written directly in the reserved 32K flash block that emulates i2c eeprom and then it resets Prop.

You can mix and match many of the Gatts, from the ones in the picture below.
    But the BLE module also run your custom C code, as long you share BLE event nicely.
    357 x 457 - 27K
  • tonyp12 wrote: »
    Prop interface to BLE is done as multi-master i2c (1MHz) and multi-master 12MHz SPI

SPI can temporary be changed to UART for SPP,
    though I plan a custom modification to the SPP gatt, that the Prop Code you send is written directly in the reserved 32K flash block that emulates i2c eeprom and then it resets Prop.

You can mix and match many of the Gatts, from the ones in the picture below.
    But the BLE module also run your custom C code, as long you share BLE event nicely.
    That sounds excellent! I'm looking forward to your module.