Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Demo Board — Parallax Forums

Propeller Demo Board

Not sure if I should put this here or the accessories topic, but I wanted to see if anyone had 2 working demo boards they were willing to sell?

Addie

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    If you're still looking for Demo Boards, please email me at chris@savagecircuits.com and that will remind me to check when I get home. I recently cleared out some drawers of old parts and discovered several older boards, like the PDB and even found a BS2p40 Demo Board! :surprise:

Anyway, the Propeller Boards box was quite full, so I may have 3 or 4 kicking around.
    I haven't heard anything so I am assuming you already got what you needed.
  • Actually even if our intrepid duo has what they need, then I'm interested. What's involved here?
    Buck,

Send me an email to the address listed above and I will update you when I get done with work today. I have been doing some spring cleaning and will be posting some things on the ZappBots forums.
  • Buck,

Send me an email to the address listed above and I will update you when I get done with work today. I have been doing some spring cleaning and will be posting some things on the ZappBots forums.

E-mail was sent, but to which address?
  • And I've resent the e-mail to your other address.
    Thanks Buck. I will follow-up tonight after work. I have a list.
  • Hey, sorry, meant to reply sooner, it's just been crazy busy here. We are still interested, but if Buck's gotten them first, then we're still looking :p (thanks for the offer Chris and sorry for the delay!)
    I think I have 3 or 4...the USB versions. I used them almost exclusively for Propeller stuff until the PPDB was released. Check here: http://zappbots.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=257&p=962#p962
  • I did. However folks, please check the site listed. It would not be appropriate.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,161
    edited 2016-07-22 04:24
    Tymkrs wrote: »
    Hey, sorry, meant to reply sooner, it's just been crazy busy here. We are still interested, but if Buck's gotten them first, then we're still looking :p (thanks for the offer Chris and sorry for the delay!)

I appreciate the thought, but there are others listed. :o So please go ahead.
  • Okay, a reason for wanting one:
    In the documentation for the Memsic 2125 Dual-axis Accelerometer it describes a method to have a prop produce amazing video based on the input from the device: It is shown doing that on Page 3 of 3.
    Propeller Objects
    Several Memsic 2125 Accelerometer code objects and applications
    for the Propeller chip are available in the Propeller Object Exchange
    (http://obex.parallax.com).
    Below is a photograph of the high-speed Memsic MXD2125
    Accelerometer Demo in action. This application “provides a high
    speed assembly driver, and separate-cog and same-cog Spin
    versions of the MXD2125 Dual Axis Accelerometer. The high speed
    version displays the data on a television as a 3D wireframe plane
    with normal vector.

I had thought of fabricating it on a Propeller Project Board but my big problem was simply working out how to do the whole thing that way.