My robot

I have a ongoing robotbuild in a real slow pace. My intention is to participate in robocup.dtu.dk. I hope i could find some more time now when I recover from a hip surgery. I'm from Sweden and have difficulties to find all Parallax products here. I apologize for my bad English.
My robot:
The shape is similar to Stingray, motors are Polulus D37xL54 1:50 200RPM #1444, Wheels are Banebots 3 7/8", and the electronics is Gadgetgangsters with octodriver.
I prefer to program in Spin rather than C.
Next step should be to modify Duane Degn Eddie firmware (or the firmware for the new DHB-10 motorcontroller) to accept Sony IR remote and serial LCD and the hardware I am using.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Welcome to the forum SteffeD1, wish you good luck on achieving your goal's, do you have a current picture of your creation?
  • Thank you.
    2560 x 1440 - 673K
  • Can't tell, is that the Propeller 40p DIP under the jumper wires, if so, you took the tough route, and learned a lot along the way. Plenty of room on your platform for potential add-on's, nice work!

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • Today, I'm finally get a program running. It's a mix of firmware for the new DHB-10 motorcontroller and code for Sony IR remote control and serial LCD. The Go command seems to operate fine, but I think I have to change the closed-loop constants before I made progress with the others. I would be grateful for some advise in the subject. (Positions one wheel must travel, while other wheel is still, to rotate the entire robot 360°= 16451, positions for 1000 mm= 10349, max speed= 10667pos/sek)
  • That's an awesome robot, SteffeD1! Glad to hear you're coming along. I'm surprised Duane Degn hasn't chimed in yet. He's a smart and helpful fellow, he'll be along soon.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • I should be able to help.

I should have time to look at your issue in more derail tomorrow.
  • SteffeD1 wrote: »
    Positions one wheel must travel, while other wheel is still, to rotate the entire robot 360°= 16451, positions for 1000 mm= 10349, max speed= 10667pos/sek

Have you made the necessary changes to the appropriate constants or use the appropriate commands to set these new values?

I have similar motors from Pololu but they're the 1:70 gear ratio rather than the 1:50 ratio. I should be able to help you figure out which values to adjust.

How are you issuing commands to the robot?
  • Duane Degn wrote: »
    I should have time to look at your issue in more derail tomorrow.

A Freudian slip, or a hint of sabotage? I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    A Freudian slip, or a hint of sabotage? I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

Well a "slip" has me a bit "derailed."

A week ago, my wife slipped and torn her hamstring. Life has been a bit crazier than normal. (The injury doesn't require surgery, just time to heal.)

erco wrote: »
    I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

I was in college the first time I heard the "Duane" knock knock joke. The punch line is of course "Duane the bath tub I'm dwowning."

• @SteffeD1,

It's god to hear your at the fun part of robotics, figuring out what your robot can do. I'm interested in the DBH-10, and you have Duane on board to help, your robot will have no choice but to comply to your commands.

• Duane Degn wrote :Have you made the necessary changes to the appropriate constants or use the appropriate commands to set these new values?

I have similar motors from Pololu but they're the 1:70 gear ratio rather than the 1:50 ratio. I should be able to help you figure out which values to adjust.

How are you issuing commands to the robot?

Yes, I have changed the constants to PosPerRot: 8225, Kp : 5, Deadzone: 5, Ki: 3, KiMax: 10, distanceM: 5174.
    The other constants I am uncertain of how to change.
    Even if I mangaged it to do a figure 8 in Ercos challange, I still got problems with uneven accelerations and it tryes to correct the pos whit to low PWM (the robot not moving forward and never stops trying).

I attach my program.