$26 Streaming Video WiFi Spy Tank

124»

Comments

• Should be relatively easy to hack the electronics into a larger tank vehicle. That camera works fine for that daylight app, but if you want low-light/night vision, PM me. I have some amazing stuff I'm onto, on the down low.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • TubularTubular Posts: 2,824
    edited July 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ok Erco I'll bite, what's this truly amazing stuff you're onto

I bought one of these happy cow tanks from Jaycar (AU) a while back, thinking if nothing else repurposing into something that has three axes + light and can be controlled from android or iphone is pretty darn useful. I pulled it apart to see if there was a way of injecting prop backpack video, but the camera appears to spit out something like lvds on that 6 wire interface. I tried pullups and pulldowns but couldn't inject noise of any kind into the video feed. Wasn't game to go too low in resistance.

I've got a Parallax DHB-10 en route for scaling up to proper motors. But what I'd really like find out is how to overlay prop generated video
  • The happy cow tank camera is a USB webcam. The main circuit board is a modified wifi router, and upthread I linked a blog post which found the web interface and identified the two Linux programs which stream the web video and forward motor control commands to a serial port.
  • Ok, neat. Doesn't make it easier to augment the video stream though. Wonder if its generic UVC
  • Re: Night vision camera.

This little camera has nearly a second of video lag, thru some kind of compression and variable frame rate. But it has built-in IR LEDs (slight red glow) and sends an excellent picture in pure darkness. Night vision image is black & white.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P2P-HD-Mini-Wifi-DVR-IP-Camera-Camcorder-Video-Recorder-Night-Vision-DV-BG/121969121934
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    At $10 shipped, this JJRC H20 is prolly too good to be true. New seller, zero sales. I ordered one. . EBay will prolly cancel the sale soon, but it's worth a shot. Can't lose money with buyer protection..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Drones-6-Axis-Rc-Dron-Jjrc-H20-/172238626538

Yup, mine never came so Ebay refunded 100% today.

- Pablo Picasso
    Yup, mine never came so Ebay refunded 100% today.

Mine never arrived either. I just requested a refund.

• Duane Degn wrote: »
    Mine never arrived either. I just requested a refund.

Don't forget to leave negative feedback for the Russian scam artist.

- Pablo Picasso
  • BTW, the price of the Happy Cow Spy Tank is back down to $28.74 incl shipping, for a while anyway. Rarer white color from US seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-wifi-Mini-i-spy-Happy-Cow-RC-Camera-Cars-777-270-30W-Pixels-Camera-0G7B-/281907199728

Or $28.99 from China, also in white: http://www.ebay.com/itm/777-270-ISPY-0-3MP-Camera-APP-Wi-Fi-Remote-Controlled-Tank-for-IOS-iphone/121967042448

- Pablo Picasso
    Don't forget to leave negative feedback for the Russian scam artist.

I also was refunded 100%.
    I also left negative feedback.

The main down side to this event is I gave away several hexacopters I had previously purchased expecting the hexacopters would be replaced with these $10 items.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,414
    Prices are down again, like $22: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112436365375

Prolly because there's this new $31 orange kid on the block:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/192240495301

These things are amazing, I used them in many projects.

orange.png
    600 x 500 - 218K

- Pablo Picasso
  • The eBay pic of the orange model is so deceptive!

I should probably get one.
    xanadu wrote: »
    The eBay pic of the orange model is so deceptive!

I should probably get one.

Yes and definitely. That US seller just accepted my Best Offer of $29.99. Beat that!

- Pablo Picasso
  • Ordered the orange one. Seller agreed to a bit lower price.

Item ID: 192240495301
    Quantity: 1
    Estimated delivery: Wed. Aug. 16
    Paid: $28.99 with PayPal

I got a new pup, so lets see how long this will last!
    Mike paid a dollar less than me, DOH!
    erco's on suicide watch... :)

- Pablo Picasso
  • "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso