Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BNO055 Sensor I2C reading — Parallax Forums

BNO055 Sensor I2C reading

hylee101001hylee101001 Posts: 48
edited 2016-05-29 00:44 in Propeller 1
Hello, I'm playing with a new sensor and I'm not that confident with I2C - whenever I tried, it can't be read. I used functions from parallax to read and write I2C. Can someone point out what I am missing please? Here's the data sheet of BNO055

Comments

• hylee,
    Look at this previous post;
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/163121/adafruit-9-dof-breakout-for-quads
    rjo's Roughdraft.spin programs work well and they are a good starting point to master the BNO055.
    The adafruit BNO055 module is a great module and easy to use once you get past the initialization and calibration of the BNO055.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    hylee,

I've been out of town, planting and running after a four year old. So, I'm glad macrobeak answered.
    The code is pure spin... and a lot of it should be in PASM... even so, once you see it working, save yourself the trouble and get a Parallax FC... it has everything you need and will get you going. And it is a great way to study PASM programming.
    I have been using a Propeller for about six years and I am still finding PASM code that I didn't know was possible... It is just too much fun and almost enough power(not to worry the Propeller 2 is coming and it has more power than my ex-wife:)

About the code: I was trying to get something going quickly and cheaply to try some experiments. I did that and was very satisfied with the implementation. Now I'm looking for time slices to spend on the FC.

Thanks

Rich