Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
$450 Humanoid Robot, Looking for Opinions — Parallax Forums

$450 Humanoid Robot, Looking for Opinions

A while back Keith Young asked if anyone knew where the robots below might be sold used.

I don't know if the above bots are being sold used, but Banggood is selling them for $450 (after a %10 discount).

Here's the main product page (hopefully this link works, Banggood doesn't always allow direct links to product pages).

Here's a link to the %10 off code (USRCtoy).

It's been a while since I've compared various humanoid robot prices and specs but this seems like a good deal.

I don't know what sort of protocol the servos use but video make me think the bot should work reasonably well.

I'm curious to hear what you all think of the robot.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Nice bot! 16 DOF=16 servos

16 servos in 540 robots is 8640 servos in motion, I wonder if that's a record. I noticed that their feet were "planted". Not fastened down that I can see, but the robots didn't step around. I guess that would invite to much variation between bot locations. Overall, very nice synchronization and a monster behind-the-scenes effort. What a crew!
  • erco wrote: »
    Overall, very nice synchronization and a monster behind-the-scenes effort. What a crew!

Agreed. I'm very impressed with their ability to get so many robots synchronized.

I've been looking around and this robot appears to be relatively ubiquitous. $500 seems like the normal price. Amazon sells it too.

I had trouble finding the servos used by the robot. It looks like this is probably the servo used. I'm not sure if all 16 servos are identical or not.

Some of the images make the servo appear to be a Dynamixel AX12-A clone but then other images don't include the side tabs.

My initial enthusiasm for this bot is waning. I have a feeling these will likely be less expensive in another year or so.

The $450 Banggood price is still the best I've seen for this bot but I think I can restrain myself from buying it.

If any of you haven't purchased one of Banggood's little hexacopters you should get one. These little 'copters are a lot of fun. They're much more stable than the little quadcopters.

SKU262327_6.jpg

• They should be called GambleGood. I would not mind if they tested their robots, especially in that price range. I burned the Banggood bridge last year. I was setup as a reseller and more than half of what I ordered was DOA or damaged in transit. They made good on everything because of payment gateway repercussions, and really long youtube videos of the mess they sent. $300+ of parts, they shipped them in a plastic garbage bag, most of them crushed.

I still have a pile of those Eachine H8 micro drones, I can't give them away for free so I abuse the remaining copters every chance I get. Speaking of which, the 9 I have left, only 6 work with a total of a few flights on each.
    4000 x 2248 - 1M