Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 to BS1 codes — Parallax Forums

BS2 to BS1 codes

Hi guys, Anyone here who can convert bs2 to bs1? I really need this asap.

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2016-04-26 04:02
    There's a whole lot of information you're not providing. I suggest you post your BS2 program as an attachment.

A BS1 program is going to have to be very short because the BS1 has very little program memory ... 256 bytes as opposed to a BS2's 2K. There are fewer variables available. A BS1 is also quite slow compared to a BS2 and limited to 2400 Baud for serial I/O. Some statements and functions don't exist and some have limited functionality.

If your BS2 program fits these constraints, it's pretty straightforward to convert it.
  • Hi this is the bs2 codes. this is my first time to program in pbasic. hope you can help me to convert this to bs1. thanks!
  • You can't "convert" this program to the BS1. It won't fit the constraints. For a start, it needs much more variable space than is available. It communicates with the GPS receiver at 4800 Baud which the BS1 can't do. It's way too complex also. The SEROUT statements alone will occupy several times the amount of program space available. You may be able to write a very simple program to communicate with a GPS receiver, maybe at 2400 Baud, that will extract some of the information in the strings, but that'll be a stretch.
  • Like Mike said, will not fit. The program takes almost all of the 2K in the BS2.
  • cydelcamatcydelcamat Posts: 53
    edited 2016-04-27 00:02
    Thanks for replying, i have now bs2 stamp but the code is still not working. can you help me guys on how to display the time only from gps data?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    There is already a thread on this (GPS issues). Please follow up in that thread.
This discussion has been closed.