Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret email code?? — Parallax Forums

Spinneret email code??

Hi all.
I`ve been sitting here all this Saturday night, looking for a Spincode to the Spinneret that is able to send e-mail. I`ve been reading pages up and down with discussions about the issue, but I can`t find a code. So now I`m asking you all here: Does anyone of you have a simple as possible Spin-code for the Spinneret Web Server that can do e-mailing?
I just want a working code so I can figure out how to do the emailing with the Spinneret. I guess someone have got this thing working befor me...
Have a nice weekend. Thanks.

Comments

• It's been a long time since I have used the Spinnernet (moved to the CC3000, then the ESP8266) but you might be able to find some good info in this thread:

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/148498/emailing-with-the-spinneret-useful-code-sections#latest

It's too bad, the Parallax forums could be a really great place if the search function actually worked, there is a ton of great information here, but most of it is impossible to find...

Nate
  • Thanks alot buddy. Best info I`ve seen so far. I have copied the code from the thread you pointed me to and I surely will play with it when I receive the Spinnerets I newly ordered. I got 12 Spinnerets working at different monitoring systems for the moment, but none of them doing email. Hope I`ll get it working with this code and some modifications, cause my next project needs to do email if its gonna work.
  • Here is an SMTP approach to sending mail from the Spinneret. I never had time to finish beyond what is on the link below ...

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/134586/demo-smtp-spinmail
  • I think they need to put the entire Spinneret thread back on the Forum. I found it very useful to browse through nd now can't find a thing.
  • I use Google to search the forums and the OBEX.
  • I think they need to put the entire Spinneret thread back on the Forum. I found it very useful to browse through nd now can't find a thing

Agreed. I got confused when I should start this thread, and there where no option to put it under "the old" Spinneret category. I guess this kind of dicussion should have been there. I also use Google to search, but it woud have been easier if the search coukd be done under each category deirectly at the forum.
    Never mind, as long as I can get helpfull replies from you so quickly. But it does`nt feel good to ask for things that may have been discussed many times before, just because I can`t find the threads. Sorry for that.