Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sound Signals with Propeller Activity Board — Parallax Forums

Sound Signals with Propeller Activity Board

I am looking to create a means of taming an analog signal from an audio source like a mix and converting it to a digital signal so that I can send it to an app on a computer or phone so that you could remotely change the low mid high and gain settings like an audio amplifier and then send the new digital signal back to the converter unit(run by the activity board) to convert the new digital signal into an analog signal and then to the amplifier itself and then from the amplifier to the speakers.

The converter itself would have several inputs for analog based sound signals and a single output and an xbee port that sends the analog signal to the device with the app. The output would go to the amplifier through a single port in the amplifier that would have the low mid high and gain knobs that would be turned to the max so that it wouldn't impede the values coming in from the app.

Things I Know:
I know that the activity board will have at least 2 inputs for audio
I know that the original audio signals will be in an analog format
I know that I will need to immediately convert the analog signal into a digital signal to send it through the new to the device with the app
I know that the device will have the low mid high and gain knobs programmed into an app that can be used when your not near the amplifier itself because of the new
I know that after I change the signal and send it to the app and receive it back that it will need to be converted back into an analog signal before sending it to the amplifier and then to the speakers

Things I Don't Know:
I don't know how I am going to wire the activity board to take the inputs and then convert them into digital and then send them through the xbee. I assume it's just a simple setup that I take the inputs send it to the ad converter and then assign a value to it to send it to the xbee to send out. I would do the opposite to receive the signal after I change the settings on the digital knobs.
I don't know how I would use these digital knobs to change the signal because I'm not entirely sure how to take the raw data from the signal and change it into a readable data set I guess you could say.
I don't know if I need the amplifier at all if I could just run the speakers from the converter unit itself. The only problem I see with this is the power usage and how I would accomidate that power need.
I don't know how to take the raw signal and change it into a hertz reading. From what I have read I will get a reading I volts that somehow could be changed to read as hertz by I'm not entirely sure how I could do that.

Any help on this would be great. Also any data or articles on the signals used in the average amplifier in terms of low mid high and gain signals. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

PS. I believe that the amplifier I am going to use is a Class A or B although it could very well be digital.
Also the inputs would all be 3-pin XLR female jacks and the output would be eigther an aux port or another form other then an xlr. My plan was to just run an aux cord between the two units because the specific amplifier I'm using has an independent aux pet that has no knobs used to control the sound signals.

Sorry if you can't understand some of what I say or if I messed up on the data I provided spelling or puncuation.