Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Re-Purposing your V2 Flight Controller Board — Parallax Forums

Re-Purposing your V2 Flight Controller Board

I've been busy lately upgrading my ELEV-8 V2 with the new V3 controller board. With that project nearly done (with the exception of future expansion), I was looking at the now homeless HoverflyOPEN V2 controller board thinking it would be a major waste to relegate it to the parts drawer.
The board has several components already installed, such as a 3-color LED, buzzer, EEPROM, and 5V level shifters on the ESC pins. If you ignore the 3 pins used for the accelerometer, every other Prop pin is useable for ground bot use. Also, there is a built-in power bus on both the receiver and ESC ports. I would think all of this adds up to more than the current $24 asking price in the store.
I've attached a couple photos of what I'm using my V2 controller board on. I bought this little 4-wheel bot about a year ago and its been awaiting a brain that can handle the four wheel encoders and other sensors. I also had the Adafruit screen in a drawer, so I've added it to the project. The 5V ESC outputs are perfect for the motor controllers, and everything else should run on 3.3V.
I'll update this thread as I clean up the rats nest of wires and get this bot rolling under its own power.
If anyone else is re-purposing their V2 boards, feel free to add to this thread.
1280 x 720 - 181K
1280 x 720 - 171K