Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MakerShed Sale - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

MakerShed Sale

2»

Comments

• Yeah, to see the proto board you have to search for Propeller.

I noticed that some items show as available until you attempt to checkout, so don't be surprised if that happens.

The Parallax site has some cool offers as well especially on the Propeller BoE and Pro board; each at $99.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    JonM: You're a relative newcomer to this forum with just 13 pithy posts, so I salute your call to action with this Maker Shed sale. Everyone likes a good value, and you have stirred many of us to open both our hearts and wallets. No mean feat, I assure you. Well done and welcome!
  • Erco, uh, thanks and your welcome. I just thought it would be good to share stuff like this.

Although I have not posted much, I am not that new to the forum or to the Parallax products. I'm digging the new forum and the folks posting though.

The sale seems to be over and now there are no signs of the Activity board or the Proto boards. It was good while it lasted.
  • Well, my Activity Board just arrived today! Woohoo! This is much easier than using a breadboard with wires going everywhere connecting to all kinds of random peripherals :)
    DavidZemon wrote: »
    Well, my Activity Board just arrived today! Woohoo! This is much easier than using a breadboard with wires going everywhere connecting to all kinds of random peripherals :)

First confirmation that this sale wasn't a hoax or mistake! :)
  • Yeah, it was no joke. My 2xActivity boards, BoE Shield Bot and 2x Ping sensors have arrived. Should see the second BoE Shield Bot and Proto board tomorrow.
  • I am glad this was not a joke, hoax or mistake. :cool:
    Last night, I received a tracking number for the package with my goodies.
    My package, should arrive here on the "East Coast" within the next week.

Did anyone else purchase the "Hexy" or "Arduino" Robots?
  • zappman wrote: »
    I am glad this was not a joke, hoax or mistake. :cool:
    Last night, I received a tracking number for the package with my goodies.
    My package, should arrive here on the "East Coast" within the next week.

Did anyone else purchase the "Hexy" or "Arduino" Robots?

I bought Hexy. I was hoping they'd drop the omnibot price further, but it never happened.

I too must wait until next week to start playing with it. :(
    I got 'em all.

Just no room or time!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,852
    I got my Activity Board here on east coast today.
    Feels like stealing somehow...
    Yup, I got my first of three packages today. Amazing deals and $5 shipping does feel like stealing.

The straw that breaks the postman's back is will be my third order. I grabbed FIFTY of those 49-cent rubber band gun kits, plus a bunch of other stuff for $5 shipping. Now THAT'S stealing.

• You're not going to be occupying any federal buildings or anything are you? Fifty rubber band guns is a lot of firepower...
    edited 2016-02-04 00:15
    JasonDorie wrote: »
    Fifty rubber band guns is a lot of firepower...

Stay on my good side, kids!

Now I need fifty S2's to put them on to build my mobile robot army. Phipi's Marauder was just the beginning.
    Everything was delivered today, as ordered, no drama. 3 boxes waiting for me on the porch, 3 robots, lots of parts and one GIANT box of 50 rubber band guns (bottom). Built one, works great. Anybody on the forum who can pick one up in Los Angeles gets one free! They only cost 49 cents, less than a postage stamp, not even worth mailing. Maker Shed lost their Smile selling and shipping them for practically nothing.

820 x 461 - 125K
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2016-02-05 00:11
    Shipping $5.00 AND a free piece of firewood! Epic.
    edited 2016-02-05 00:31
    I don't see firewood.

I see another 10 wooden rubber band guns crying to be released from bondage.

Actually, at 49 cents each, those guns are cheaper than firewood. Next cold snap, they may all go up in smoke. So act fast if you want one.

There's a "two tickets to the gun show" joke somewhere here, I can feel one coming.

Gordon & Jon: I'll bring you a free gun whenever I get down your way, unless the police, NSA, NRA, or ATF stops me en route.
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,704
    edited 2016-02-05 01:23
    @Erco - Firewood is next to the stack of boxes on the left of you picture...

Enjoy!

Mike
  • I've received and begun hacking the brainwave bunny ears! Best $20 I've spent in a long time. I hope to connect them to a Propeller this weekend.
  • My box is scheduled for Monday. No time to play this weekend.

Although Erco did sent me stuff to play with.

Publison wrote: »
    Although Erco did sent me stuff to play with.

Jim: C'mon, confidentiality is king. Please no mention of our cold fusion, over-unity, perpetual motion, anti-grav joint project.

Edit: Oops.
  • I tried that. There was no way I could find to put in 2 coupon codes.
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2016-02-10 01:03
    I finally received my MakerShed winter sale order today, it takes a while for things to get to the East coast from the West coast.

Lot's of neat stuff in my order, but no rubber band guns, I had a couple in my shopping cart, but they were out of stock when I went to checkout.

At least I know where they all went to ;) . "Mr. Woody" AKA "erco" .

Erco, you need to mount one of your rubber band guns on that 40k "GREEN Scribbler" Ken sent you. Please, post a picture :clown: