Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot chassis based Propeller + Raspberry Pi robot gets cover of Servo February 2016 issue! — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot chassis based Propeller + Raspberry Pi robot gets cover of Servo February 2016 issue!

Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
edited 2016-01-23 16:57 in Robotics
Yep, it's one of mine :--)

http://www.mikronauts.com/2016/01/22/serving-raspberry-pi-2-in-servo-february-2016/

RoboPi + Raspberry Pi + Boe-Bot chassis + WiFi + USB battery pack + 4xAA

and here is a link to RoboPi, my Prop based robot controller for the Raspberry Pi (and many other SBC's)

http://RoboPi.com

Comments

• Congrats Bill!

That chassis is pleasing to the Parallax eye. :)
  • Thank you!
    Publison wrote: »
    Congrats Bill!

That chassis is pleasing to the Parallax eye. :)

I also like the Propeller on top :)

• Congratulations on getting the front cover. Looks like a cool robot!
  • Thanks guys!
  • Congrats, Bill!

However, I'm not so sure of this "good looks" robot thing. A neat and tidy robot cannot be trusted.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2016-01-23 22:00
    Cool, great job.
    However, I'm not so sure of this "good looks" robot thing. A neat and tidy robot cannot be trusted.

LOL, my robots are probably among the most trusted using that metric.
  • Awesome Bill! I teach Robotics/Programming classes among other things and I've been looking at getting a Prop hat for a Pi that can fit the Parallax robot chassis.
  • Thanks guys!

I hope to add more goodies to Pie-Boe soon, will post when I update

• ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    Congrats on a nice looking, cover-worthy bot and another great article. Way to fly the Parallax colors with 'Prop on Top' !
  • Thanks Erco!

While I may not be here every day like I used to be, I still prefer the Prop for hard real time I/O... and I am (patiently) waiting for Prop 2.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    WOW! Great job and congratulations Bill! Can't wait to get my copy...

With a name like Pie Boe - maybe you can get Billy Blanks to do your advertising!

800 x 800 - 172K
  • Thanks Whit!

Hmmm.... I wonder if Billy would air punch using a Pi-Boe?
    edited 2016-01-27 13:41
    Got my Servo magazine yesterday Bill - great article and photos.

Thanks for showing off the Propeller and all its abilities too (and, of course, the greatly beloved BoeBot chassis)! What a great combo with the Pi...

The Mikronauts site is really got high quality, incredibly impressive and wide-ranging line of products! You've been busy Bill! Keep up the fine work.
  • @Bill Henning

Congratulations!! Bill. It's sure come a long way since the first time I read about it. :) I'm holding out for the Prop2 version. Does it have a Made in Canada Sticker on it? :)

Bob

• Thank you!

The Propeller is still my favourite micro controller, and when it is available, the Prop 2 is likely to be next :)

Thank you for your kind words about my little web site and work too :)

There will be quite a few more products this year, and more articles incorporating propellers...
    Whit wrote: »
    Got my Servo magazine yesterday Bill - great article and photos.

Thanks for showing off the Propeller and all its abilities too (and, of course, the greatly beloved BoeBot chassis)! What a great combo with the Pi...

The Mikronauts site is really got high quality, incredibly impressive and wide-ranging line of products! You've been busy Bill! Keep up the fine work.

• Thank you!

I do plan a Prop2 version of course ... and no Made In Canada sticker, but the commercial invoice does say "Kits Made in Canada" which is pretty close :)
    @Bill Henning

Congratulations!! Bill. It's sure come a long way since the first time I read about it. :) I'm holding out for the Prop2 version. Does it have a Made in Canada Sticker on it? :)

Bob

edited 2016-01-27 20:25
    no Made In Canada sticker, but the commercial invoice does say "Kits Made in Canada" which is pretty close :)

I think your products need one. Add some Parallax "Made in USA" part and some Chinese components and you've got an International Robotics Project - kind of like the Space Station where the components are labeled by country!

600 x 478 - 57K
    Wear your colors proud!
    349 x 237 - 11K