Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need help with parallax 29115 line follower — Parallax Forums

need help with parallax 29115 line follower

beaglebainbeaglebain Posts: 10
edited 2016-01-10 00:29 in Robotics
I had purchased a Boe Bot in about 2005. since then it's been gathering dust and I decided to get it out again and work with it.

attached to it is what I believe is a Line follower 29915. the only reason I believe this is because of the searches I did on this forum and found references to it. this is NOT the new line follower, it is an old one with Parallax, Rev B and 2001 stamped on it, but there is no item number stamped on it anywhere. it has FIVE IR pairs on it and uses a ribbon cable to connect from the board to the top of the Boe Bot stamp board.

I cannot find any information on the parallax website or any solid usable information about it on this board. I would like to use it since i have it, but I need to know pin out as a minimum and would LOVE to have some code for it if anyone knows where I can find some.

unfortunately, the computer I used to program the boe bot years ago is no longer working, and I don't have any of my old code.

can anyone help me with this?
800 x 598 - 360K

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Welcome to the forum, beaglebain! You have a nice piece of vintage Parallax gear there. Good on you for dusting off the old girl. Jameco can help you out, their PDF is still online. Save a copy or two.

ftp://ftp.jameco.com/Archive/Current-TechDocuments/202340.pdf

Please let us know how you make out!
  • Nice find erco! I was going back through my Parallax CD's but you got it befor I did.
    I just Googled it, nothing fancy. Jameco has some useful old info. Since these tech documents are disappearing we should save some copies!
  • Awesome, thank you!

My son and I used to work on this together, but he's been moved out on his own for a few years now.

I have a friend whose son is very interested in electronics, but my friend does not have the skills to help him, so I went and found her and dusted her off! Already put new wheels on her and now we're ready to start doing some interesting stuff with her!

Thanks again!
  • Sorry, I thought I had googled it, but maybe I only searched the parallax site! Thanks again!
    No worries, happy to help. And now you're part of the forum family so don't be a stranger! Also turn your friend's son onto the forum, we need some young blood!