Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mark posts viewed for a specific category? — Parallax Forums

Mark posts viewed for a specific category?

In the old forum, I could mark messages as read in categories (sub-forums) that I was not interested in which cleaned up my screen when I clicked the "recent discussions" link. Is there any way to mark category specific messages as read in the new forum? I have zero interest in Propeller 2, so it would be nice to never see the posts highlighted when reviewing recent discussions. Any options?

Comments

• Currently the only option is to "Mark All Viewed". This action affects every section, every thread.

No forum changes are pending at the moment, but a review of this feature is on the list of considerations next time forum updates are discussed.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Whilst it's under review is it possible to review the facebook tracking thing on every page?
  • I am not using this thread to take feature change/addition requests.

Social media-related aspects of this site were default upon creation, and were left in place by IT and Marketing. If you would like to email your specific concerns with them to webmaster@parallax.com, those concerns can be brought up during the next internal review of potential forums updates. Do not post them in this, or any new thread; Ken requested (publicly, in a forum post) that all input of that type be directed to webmaster only.
  • Courtney, thanks for the answers; I'll tough it out. :-)

Heater, there was another thread on the forums about it and it mentioned using the Ghostery add on in Firefox as one solution. I started using Ghostery then and will definitely say it has made a phenomenal difference in my surfing endeavors. Some websites garner up to 17 trackers on a single web page, but Ghostery will block them all. Most pages I go to nowadays load much faster.
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2015-12-31 01:03
    Two thumbs up for Ghostery. Never leave home without it.

Is the facebook tracker something new? For some reason I don't recall seeing anything but gravatar before.

edit: nevermind, it's just not on all pages, apparently it just shows up within message threads. That's probably why I never noticed it.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    RDL2004 wrote: »
    Two thumbs up for Ghostery. Never leave home without it.

Is the facebook tracker something new? For some reason I don't recall seeing anything but gravatar before.

edit: nevermind, it's just not on all pages, apparently it just shows up within message threads. That's probably why I never noticed it.

+1