Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
erco in SERVO — Parallax Forums

erco in SERVO

Our very own erco has a great article in this month's SERVO - He is regular now! He is always on point, humorous and has lots to teach! Great as usual and, of course, a shopping list is provided! ;-)

Congrats erco!

Comments

• Again??
    :)
    Well played, Master Erco!
  • Congrats erco.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    edited 2015-11-30 19:42
    Thanks Sir Whit. Did you get a paper copy? It's not online yet.

I just submitted part 5 yesterday. Per Jonnymac, a monthly tech series is a LOT of work. You guys should all be writing this stuff to pay for and give back to the hobby!

Edit: Part 5 is about this F8C bot, "Cruiser". http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1355305/#Comment_1355305

Edit #2: Part 4 (just coming out now) is about RoboCar, for which I spec'ed a $10 Walmart RC car. I worry about availability of a certain item. It's risky but I figured Walmart was a safe short-term gamble. I just returned from my local Walmart and am happy to report that their shelves are rife with my cars in time for Christmas.

Edit #3: What a crackup and PERFECT timing that my article on RoboCar is in the same issue with Google's Robot Cars on the cover. Dumb luck strikes again!

Edit #4: It just went live online at http://servo.texterity.com/servo/201512/?folio=44&pg=44#pg44
  • Congratulations Cmdr. Erco,

Any snippets you can share, for those of us who don't have a subscription.
    You can view the first half of the article online even without a subscription... just keep clicking madly. :)
  • Great articles Erco! You are setting the bar higher for the rest of us. I will endeavor to try and write as well as you.
    Thanks, that's high praise from "Hat Trick Carol", as Whit fairly dubbed you! You're an impressively industrious lady, writing articles, wrangling Parallax package deals for your SRS club, and running Robothon. I don't know where you find the time and energy!