Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cheap 5V DPDT Relays — Parallax Forums

Cheap 5V DPDT Relays

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
edited 2016-06-04 21:27 in Robotics
This must be McDonald's, 'cuz I'm McLovin' it! Ten DPDT relays for $3! What's not to like? I'm guessing 30 mA coil current. Of course I ordered a batch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-DC-5V-Coil-125V-1A-DC-AC-30V-2A-DC-8-Pins-DPDT-Power-Relay-HK19F-TS-/172204556665

Edit: Nearly as cheap on Amazon, one reviewer says 40 mA. My pile of Aromat TF2E-5V relays remains my go-to favorite with their 17 mA coil current.

6/4/16 edit: Updated link

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Thanks for "relaying" the info. Sorry...
  • Whit wrote: »

Hey folks, he's here all week! Multiple shows on Sunday!
    Don't forget to try the wafers and toss a little something in the collection plate!

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Whit wrote: »

Don't be "coil". Send me your "current contact" info.
    This freewheeling discussion has left me positively energized. These relays are to diode for.
  • You need to put latch on it sparky! This normally open discussion has left me a little short.

Lunchtime, I need to bounce!
  • Thanks erco!
    Placed my order...
    Thanks erco!
    Placed my order...

If all my crazed, hoarding, penny-pinching posts can help just one person...

HTH, Ron!

Loopy is doing a fabulous job of biting his tongue and not bagging on these relays because they are 5V, Chinese, and cheap! :)

edited 2015-11-12 21:41
    While you're click&ordering from China, any control freaks here need 5 dual pot analog joysticks for $3? http://www.ebay.com/itm/131610807301

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    I will start wearing mittens when I check in here...
  • erco wrote: »
    While you're click&ordering from China, any control freaks here need 5 dual pot analog joysticks for $3? http://www.ebay.com/itm/131610807301
    Looks like it has a push switch also.
    Publison wrote: »
    Looks like it has a push switch also.

And whitewall tires! What's not to like? These have a great feel to them, nice snappy return to center. Might make a nice controller for one of Duane's small pant/tilt servo thingies.

• Not sure the pins are bread board friendly. I'm sure the are Diptrace layouts for them.
    Not sure the pins are bread board friendly. I'm sure the are Diptrace layouts for them.

Agreed, that's typical for these types, plan to solder them. Another reason I favor my low-current Aromat TF2E-5V, it's in a breadboard-friendly DIP package.

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-11-13 15:16
    erco wrote: »
    Thanks erco!
    Placed my order...

If all my crazed, hoarding, penny-pinching posts can help just one person...

HTH, Ron!

Loopy is doing a fabulous job of biting his tongue and not bagging on these relays because they are 5V, Chinese, and cheap! :)

What can i say? peep...........
    Mine arrived today. Surprisingly, very breadboard-friendly. Nice tight fit.

Quick tested one unit: Coil 122 ohms, clicked readily on 2.67V (old AAs), drew 21 mA.

Should be useful. Hmmm. Does this hoarder need ten more? :)
  • Decent specs. It's only lunch money. Click....ordered!
  • And ordered some joysticks for desert!
  • Mom! A hoarder took me to eBay and took my lunch money!!! Who DOESN'T need relays???

And it is the season for joy(sticks) to the world!!! (Or at least Medina, OH)
    These ARE the drelays you're looking for...
  • Got mine today. 16 day shipping - not too bad.

Thanks erco!
    Glada U like.

Funny, mine were 7-day ship. Same seller a day later, right? You must have just missed the fast boat!
    I just like relays. This Brit LOVES relays, as he admits in the copy.

• Still waiting on relays and joysticks. Shipping says maybe next year. That's OK, I have a lot to do this month.
    Shipping says maybe next year.

Santa Claus said the same thing to me...

My relays came long ago, but still no sign of the elusive joysticks.

• Relays showed up yesterday. Have no clue what I will do with them but they are in the warehouse, now!!

No joy on the joysticks.
    mindrobots wrote: »
    Have no clue what I will do with them but they are in the warehouse, now!!

Now you can sleep confidently at night. Maybe nap in the daytime too. Christmas time is exhausting!

• ...and people think hoarding is easy!!!
  • Hoarding is not easy, most of the work is in inventory and location, without records, could be an exercise to insanity.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-12-10 00:19
    Hoarding IS easy, keeping track of it is the nightmare, agreed. :)
  • Publison wrote: »
    Still waiting on relays and joysticks. Shipping says maybe next year. That's OK, I have a lot to do this month.
    Relays arrived today. Stamped on the package, "MISSENT TO VANCOUVER, BC CANADA"

Did Bill Henning misdirect them? :)