Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE Update and Propeller GCC - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE Update and Propeller GCC

2»

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    @David Betz,

Quite so. Spin is going nowhere outside of Propeller land. Which makes it even more odd that I am now reading that Parallax is saying "Spin is for the advanced". The advance programmer will not want to be confined to that.

@DavidZemon

Yep, with the speed of modern machines a decent parser for the language should be running in the background as you type. In fact, as every Spin object can be compiled by itself why not run the real compiler over your code as you type and catch all the real compilation errors as well?

This whole edit->compile->error->fix error->compile->error->fix error->compile->run->crash/misbehave->edit->compile->error thing is so 1970's :)

• Heater. wrote: »
    @David Betz,

Quite so. Spin is going nowhere outside of Propeller land. Which makes it even more odd that I am now reading that Parallax is saying "Spin is for the advanced". The advance programmer will not want to be confined to that.

@DavidZemon

Yep, with the speed of modern machines a decent parser for the language should be running in the background as you type. In fact, as every Spin object can be compiled by itself why not run the real compiler over your code as you type and catch all the real compilation errors as well?

This whole edit->compile->error->fix error->compile->error->fix error->compile->run->crash/misbehave->edit->compile->error thing is so 1970's :)
    Well, misbehaving can be fun in any era! Oh, you were talking about the *code* misbehaving. Sorry!

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2015-11-24 11:30
    Actually it's ambiguous.

In that edit->comile->run->test->edit loop we like to think the errors are in the source code and they eventually get flushed out by running around that loop.

I posit that the errors are actually in the person typing the code and running round that loop is fixing the person :)

Similarly in a PID feed back loop is the PID algorithm controlling the process or is the process controlling the PID algorithm?

So, yes, it could be the code or the coder misbehaving.

Now behave :)