Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
propeller-load with 128k eeprom — Parallax Forums

propeller-load with 128k eeprom

Hi,

I'm writing a program that uses some large read-only data tables and I'm trying to use a 128k eeprom to store them.
All works well when the data are written to the firs 64k of the eeprom but as soon as they exceed the 64k limit they got corrupted or badly written, I'm not sure right now since some cog drivers got written above the 64k limit so can't be read and the program won't start at all.

My guess is that the eeprom_cache.dat driver used by properller-load wraps the addresses at 65535, I have examined a bit the cache source restored from an old git commit but can't understand if there is something wrong or how to fix it.

Can anyone help ?
Thanks.

Comments

• What language are you using?

Apparently 128K chips can vary with how the upper 64K is accessed. Which 128K chip are you using?

It will likely help anyone trying to help, if you attach an archive of your program.
  • Duane Degn wrote: »
    What language are you using?

The program is in C.
    Apparently 128K chips can vary with how the upper 64K is accessed. Which 128K chip are you using?

Microchip 24LC1025
    It will likely help anyone trying to help, if you attach an archive of your program.

Can't do that, as a reference this is the link to the discussion about how to write data to the upper eeprom memory, all data are linked to the .drivers section, along with a couple of .ecog drivers:
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/162274/large-read-only-data-tables
  • Duane Degn wrote: »

Damn! I just reviewed the datasheet and I see that the address bits are different from the 24LC256/512 chips, not only the upper 64k block select is bit A2 but the hardware pin must be tied to Vcc instead of ground! I have to modify the board and the loader!

My fault, sorry for the noise.