Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
INB Bug solved — Parallax Forums

INB Bug solved

Hi All
I think I have found the answer to the INB bug mentioned (and lost) in another thread.
It appears that the issue is caused by Pnut still transmitting after the P2 has been released after a download.
This seems to explain that inserting a delay before using INB fixed the problem.
The code below waits for 62 high to low transitions and falls through.
con
	rx_pin = 63

dat		orgh	0
		org

wait4low	testb	inb,#rx_pin wz
	if_nz	jmp	wait4low

wait4hi		testb	inb,#rx_pin wz
	if_z	jmp	wait4hi

djnz	cx,wait4low

mov	dirb,#$f	'62 or more hi2lo transitions
		mov	outb,#$f	'gets us here
me		jmp	@me

cx		long	62
Now, back to P2 coding/testing. :)

Comments

• Cool! Good job, Mr. Holmes!!
  • Good job, but the PNut gallery is never happy. Ya didn't tell us what was being transmitted and why :)
  • Good job, but the PNut gallery is never happy. Ya didn't tell us what was being transmitted and why :)
    Don't know Peter and too busy to find out!
    The new syntax changes have broken my code again, so focus has shifted. (Groundhog Day!) :)

• It's probably a bunch of 0xF9 characters that the loader has to send to get the Propeller to send its checksum ack/nak. I've seen implementations of the Propeller loader protocol that just blast a bunch of 0xF9 bytes at the Propeller and then look for the 0xFE that acknowledges the checksum verification. Whatever ones come after the Propeller sends the 0xFE end up being seen by the loaded app.
  • ozpropdev wrote: »
    Good job, but the PNut gallery is never happy. Ya didn't tell us what was being transmitted and why :)
    Don't know Peter and too busy to find out!
    The new syntax changes have broken my code again, so focus has shifted. (Groundhog Day!) :)
    We're sure getting good at porting P2 code!! :)