Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo motor help. — Parallax Forums

Servo motor help.

I have searched the forum but no luck. Basically I have purchased a boe-bot and cant find any documentation on how to control the continuous moving servos. I need some code in spin to look over, specifically a way to control speed and direction. I have ran code from the OBEX and its making the servos move one direction but I need more clarity.

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2015-10-03 17:19
    There's a lot of great info on driving servos with the Propeller in Spin.

Here's some info on using the Propeller BOE to control a BOE-Bot but the concepts will work with any Propeller board.

http://learn.parallax.com/PropellerBoeBot

Here's a link to more Spin tutorials.

http://learn.parallax.com/propeller-spin-tutorials

I hadn't seen these tutorials when I wrote my PropBOE-Bot code.

forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1086427/#Comment_1086427

I think there's some very basic servo code at the top of the above linked thread.

Edit: The third post in my index includes links to Propeller tutorials.
  • Shoot that was embarrassing!

Thanks for the links. I cant believe I did not find these.
  • Hey Zap-o

There are two BOE-Bots, one BS2 based and one Propeller based. Which one?

It's hard to tell since you posted in accessories.
  • Im sorry I have the propeller based boe-bot. While we are at it does someone have an older copy of Andy's PID boe-bot code that followed a box? That thread is missing.
  • Hey I live on the forum and I didn't know about the Learn tutorials until after I had written my own PropBOE-Bot code.

It's a lot easier to search for stuff once you know what it's called.

Don't worry about asking here if you can't find something yourself.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-10-03 20:22
    Zap-o wrote: »
    Im sorry I have the propeller based boe-bot. While we are at it does someone have an older copy of Andy's PID boe-bot code that followed a box? That thread is missing.

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/92410/pekbot/p1

I took me a while to find it. I thought I knew where everything was! Can't believe it was from 2007!

• Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,161
    edited 2015-10-08 05:35
    And while the attached forum discussion is present with good photos, the links do not work.

Not yours Duane, the one you selected Pub, the PE Kit bot, I think I have the contents of the PE Kit, I believe the PE Kit isn't on the site. Nor is its documentation PDF either. The links point towards an earlier version of the site.....
  • Buck,

There's a link to the PEK near the top of the third post of my index (and here). The PDF file is available from the product page's downloads section.
  • Buck,

All one needs to do is go to the store site and search PEK. We all know there is broken stuff, :)
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,161
    edited 2015-10-08 02:00
    Thanks guys. It seems that when everything landed here, I took the time to download the relevant PDF files. Since applying a Prop is a bit more complicated to do, then say an individual Stamp interpreter I'm waiting for the right form of inspiration to strike.

Oh and as it happens Micro Center seems to be selling rather slowly as it happens individual Prop chips in the dip form and the big board as well.