Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Selling my Elev-8 **Sold** — Parallax Forums

Selling my Elev-8 **Sold**

Paul K.Paul K. Posts: 150
edited 2015-10-10 18:03 in Robotics
Hey guys, posting here before going to ebay. Its an Elev-8 with some extra's. Its really had no air time.

The motors and speed controllers are still sealed from Parallax as I used my own when I assembled the kit. It comes with the Hoverfly Board.

I also made 2 extra sets of booms. They are made of aluminum, one set brushed & the other painted black & neon green.
The booms are slightly beefier in dia ~.75" and wall thickness ~.073.

The hardware is all bagged up and extra props listed below.

1 Set of 9047 Carbon Fiber 2 Regular&2 Counter Sealed
1 Set of 2*1045/2*1045R Sealed
1 Set of 2*9047/2*9047R Sealed
3 1045R Green Props Open but new

I set of Black & Green 1045 that were used but look fine.

It also has extra frame parts that are are included in the crash pack.

Looking for $275 Shipped.

I built my own quad for POV flying and this is just taking up shelf space.

Just shoot me a PM

Pics Included below.

Paul K.
2938 x 2204 - 2M
2920 x 2191 - 2M
3003 x 2253 - 2M
3069 x 2302 - 2M

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-09-28 20:24
    Hey Paul,

Long time no see.

I have a Version 1 and Version 2, no room for another.

Looks like a great price on the package.

When are you going to be selling Q2 and Q4 again?

https://www.quantumri.com/Products.html

• Paul K.Paul K. Posts: 150
    edited 2015-09-28 21:53
    I've been lurking when I've had a chance, keeping up with status on the new Prop and reading a few other threads.

We moved the shop into a larger building late last year so that took a lot of time getting that up running. Especially running all the electrical for the high voltage machines.
    We have a small crew so we had to plan installing equipment and keep going with production at the same time. But that's all finished up. The main shop http://www.tjwireforming.com
    I just need to add pics of the shop inside, equipment and some movies of machines operating.

I also have more room for QR and I've got everything setup and started running controllers out several months ago. No more kits just completed controllers.
    The link you posted, if you just click on either one it takes you to controller page.

I've also been prototyping a controller with the Nextion touchscreens. I picked up a few different sizes from them. For the price and ease of use I like them.

They were a Indiegogo project so they keep adding features to the screens with each software update and I've notice more videos popping up on youtube.
    So the screens seem to be getting more popular.

Paul K.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2015-10-05 02:16
    Has it sold yet?
  • Its still available.
  • OK. I am trying to convince my wife that this is a GOOD deal!!!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,253
    I have one I should sell. First version, original, unopened, perfect. I'll never get around to it, I'm happy with the much smaller quads have. Anybody bid an even million? PM me an offer I can't refuse.
  • I'll drop the price down to $250. Now, you can tell your wife that its an even better deal than before.
  • Erco I could use the router that's in the pics to make one out of plywood. It has a 4' x 4' work space.
  • erco wrote: »
    I have one I should sell. First version, original, unopened, perfect. I'll never get around to it, I'm happy with the much smaller quads have. Anybody bid an even million? PM me an offer I can't refuse.
    I have one of the originals too. Mine has been assembled, disassembled, reassembled, flown (sort of), crashed. I think it's ready to fly again but I'm not really sure as I never learned to fly one sucessfully. Anyone want to bid $2 million for mine?

• Other than assembly, what would I need to make it fly?
  • Current status of these ELEV-8s?
    I'm cutting my price in half.

$500K.

Original, sealed, mint. Won't last!
  • Paul, check your inbox.
  • You have any extra of them Nextion touchscreens?
  • Paul K.Paul K. Posts: 150
    edited 2015-10-09 05:05
    John stop by the shop. I have the Nextion NX3224T028 It's the 2.8" version. Its yours.
    I'll bring some of the different models in so you can have a look at them.
    But, the Cubbies are on so I'm out of the shop at 4:45.

Thanks for that sensor ring. Still don't know what to do with it. Its ancient tech. It's hung up on my wall like art.
  • Will you be there Saturday?

If not I stop by Monday. Is the shop still at the same place?

thanks John.
  • No its actually closer to you. Address is linked in the last post.
    Google Maps is off a little with its marker. Take Kay all the way to the end.
    Were on the left. The building after Regal Manufacturing.
    OK, so now mine's the cheapest at $10K.

Won't last!