Prop2 FPGA files!!! - Updated 28 February 2017 - Version 16a

1717273747577»

Comments

  • Rayman,
    Proptool & OpenSpin have the same limit. It's in the x86 compiler code.
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Just thinking about this alt stuff...

    If there was one that worked on the BITx instructions, then couldn't it replace all the DIRx, OUTx, etc. instructions?

    This is just a theoretical question, not actually asking for it...

    Anyway, could you have an ALTBIT instruction that would replicate OUTH like this:
    'OUTH #43
    ALTBIT #43
    BITH OUTA,#0-0
    

    Could that work? The altbit taking the lower 6 bits of operand and putting them into BITH's source and adding the 7th bit to BITH's destination?

    Just wondering...

    It could be made to work like that, but isn't what we already have better?
  • cgracey wrote: »
    .. but isn't what we already have better?
    Yes and in 2 clocks too.

    Melbourne, Australia
  • Was just curious about what else you could do with ALTR... Seems it gives an extra degree of freedom...

    Is the bus between hub and cog one bidirectional pipe or two unidirectional pipes?

    If it were two, seems you could make it read and write hub address at same time, right?
    ALTR OldHubLong
    WRLONG NewHubLong, HubAdd
    

    Just wondering...
    Prop Info and Apps: http://www.rayslogic.com/
  • This may be obvious but I guess you need to put the same conditional prefix on ALTx and AUGx instructions as well as the instruction they follow. Does it work to put a conditional just on AUGx or ALTx but not on the modified instruction? Does that prevent the modification?
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Was just curious about what else you could do with ALTR... Seems it gives an extra degree of freedom...

    Is the bus between hub and cog one bidirectional pipe or two unidirectional pipes?

    If it were two, seems you could make it read and write hub address at same time, right?
    ALTR OldHubLong
    WRLONG NewHubLong, HubAdd
    

    Just wondering...

    ALTR is for redirecting cog registers not hub.
    For example
    		mov	someplace,#outb
    
    		altr	someplace
    		add	r1,r2		'result is written to outb
    					'and r1 remains unchanged.
    


    Melbourne, Australia
  • David Betz wrote: »
    This may be obvious but I guess you need to put the same conditional prefix on ALTx and AUGx instructions as well as the instruction they follow. Does it work to put a conditional just on AUGx or ALTx but not on the modified instruction? Does that prevent the modification?
    AUGx is automatically generated by Pnut when needed.
    For example
    	if_c	mov	r1,##$ffffffff
    
    'pnut generates
    
    	if_c	augs	#$7ffffff
    	if_c	mov	r1,#$1ff
    

    If manually coded with a conditional on the AUGx/ALTx instruction its the same as any other instruction and is only executed if the condition is true.



    Melbourne, Australia
  • ozpropdev wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    This may be obvious but I guess you need to put the same conditional prefix on ALTx and AUGx instructions as well as the instruction they follow. Does it work to put a conditional just on AUGx or ALTx but not on the modified instruction? Does that prevent the modification?
    AUGx is automatically generated by Pnut when needed.
    For example
    	if_c	mov	r1,##$ffffffff
    
    'pnut generates
    
    	if_c	augs	#$7ffffff
    	if_c	mov	r1,#$1ff
    

    If manually coded with a conditional on the AUGx/ALTx instruction its the same as any other instruction and is only executed if the condition is true.


    That's what I would have expected. Thanks for confirming.

  • Rayman wrote: »
    Was just curious about what else you could do with ALTR... Seems it gives an extra degree of freedom...

    Is the bus between hub and cog one bidirectional pipe or two unidirectional pipes?

    If it were two, seems you could make it read and write hub address at same time, right?
    ALTR OldHubLong
    WRLONG NewHubLong, HubAdd
    

    Just wondering...

    If the P2 buss is anything like the P1, then it's half-duplex.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 7,095
    edited March 18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can either read or write when your cog's hub opportunity comes around. You can't do both.
Sign In or Register to comment.