Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax oriented STEM educators in San Diego needed — Parallax Forums

Parallax oriented STEM educators in San Diego needed

xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
edited 2015-09-10 20:30 in General Discussion
I've started a local makerspace in Vista (north county), maybe you have seen the other thread. I'm looking for someone to teach a class on PINGdar the last week of September when you are available.

We have -

Quiet and clean classroom
Small class size (5-10 makers)
Projector and laptop
Enough hardware to build 5 PINGdars
Compensation / barter

The people interested in the class range from pre-"hello world" to seasoned microcontroller users interested in Propeller architecture. It is intended to be an introduction and advanced topics will follow.

You can message me here, or email jon at seekrobotics (dot) com. Thank you.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,253
    You're hiring already? Cool! Timing's wrong for me, but HTH one day.
  • Thanks, I can't wait for you to stop in! Things are moving a lot faster than I thought. The timing isn't great with school, but I hope someone sees this who could give up a couple hours a month :)
  • xanadu,

I think I could provide enough hardware for your courses simply from the junk room at Parallax. It's really a misnomer since the hardware is actually quite good. If you are interested, contact me via e-mail kgracey@parallax.com and I can give you a quick Skype tour of our graveyard and build a box for you at the same time.

Ken Gracey
  • Thanks Ken, I will email you.
  • One man's trash is another man's gold.
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2015-09-15 01:46
    Ken Gracey called me today. I never thought I'd say that. Thanks Ken!

I caught a glimpse of this and managed to grab a screenshot. "The Graveyard"

pgyskyp.jpg
    582 x 758 - 71K
  • This would be me every day if I lived near Parallax.

DumpsterDave.gif

Let's see if this gif animates or not.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,253
    Judge Dredd ABC War robot! We had that movie prop in our NY toy fair gallery back when Mattel sold the toys. "I AM DA LAW!" "RICO!" "That's my boy!"